OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

And I can see what you mean about starting something physical such as sports to keep me motivated and to actually be enthusiastic, but for myself, Working towards a goal such as lifting a certain weight after working towards it gives me a sense of self accomplishment:)

And I can see what you mean about starting something physical such as sports to keep me motivated and to actually be enthusiastic, but for myself, Working towards a goal such as lifting a certain weight after working towards it gives me a sense of self accomplishment:)

That's good if you really feel motivated that's great.

So what are your goals? You need to set that straight from the start.

Secondly, form. Train well, minimise injury, and therefore train harder/smarter and get better results.

Thirdly, eat well. Seriously, you have to eat well, but a LOT of food to grow - and not just crisps and chocolate - I'm talking good wholesome food - in decent quantities.

Fourthly, sleep. Being young dumb and full of **** you'll undoubtedly sleep well, but it's worth mentioning.

Fifthly(lol), compound exercises. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench press. Then, overhead press, chins, dips. None of these should be omitted. If you want to develop more explosive/power Olympic style lifting should be considered - however this is hard to teach yourself - this is where a coach or a specific sporting discipline comes into it.

Sixthly, set yourself realistic goals - there are no cheats, shortcuts or one fix all solutions. It takes a lot of time. Hard work. Potentially tears and blood too. Be patient, but be aware of what you're doing. Don't neglect cardio work either - but don't let it rule your life. A good high intensity session lifting weights will give your body a good work out.

Seventhly, don't be suckered into taking all these "miracle" supps - for the moment, concentrate on learning how to lift, well. It seems you're after size, so hit those medium reps hard - but do not neglect some strength training either - it benefits both your skeletal structure, core and overall ability, but it then enables you to lift bigger weights better - thus growing better.

Eigthly, don't be discouraged. There are times you will feel like **** - and not want to go to the gym. Meet girls, go out for a pint or two. Don't let that stop - have as life! However, don't use excuses to get out of the gym - you either want it, or you don't. It takes dedication - don't screw up your life over the gym though (unless you become a sporting superstar with lots of sponsorship.... ;)).

Lastly, good luck and don't hesitate to ask for advice - bear in mind we will be brutally honest, and we will knock you down to earth if you do not pay attention. :)

@ FreeFaller thanks for giving me a few pointers on how to go about things and how to keep on track! And i've no problem in being knocked down a peg or two If i'm in the wrong! :) My main Goal in honestly is to just have a decent physique, with added bulk. I'm 9 stone 1 as of now, looking to be 11 stone though within a year.

I have had times when It's been a long day, and i've stayed up the previous night to complete design orders, but I find that once I'm there, headphones go in and I'm motivated to work out. As long as I fit in 4 days a week minimum I'm pleased!

I always fit in bench pressing, squats, shrugs, overhead pressing, chins, dips, bicep pyramids, pecks and pullups :)

@ FreeFaller thanks for giving me a few pointers on how to go about things and how to keep on track! And i've no problem in being knocked down a peg or two If i'm in the wrong! :) My main Goal in honestly is to just have a decent physique, with added bulk. I'm 9 stone 1 as of now, looking to be 11 stone though within a year.

I have had times when It's been a long day, and i've stayed up the previous night to complete design orders, but I find that once I'm there, headphones go in and I'm motivated to work out. As long as I fit in 4 days a week minimum I'm pleased!

I always fit in bench pressing, squats, shrugs, overhead pressing, chins, dips, bicep pyramids, pecks and pullups :)

Good.

Get some deads in there too and don't worry too much about bicep curls.

FF, you do realise he's 22, right? :p

Nope. But my suggestions still stand. He's still young and has a lot to learn. :)

I wish I was 16 with what I know now!

Keep your eye on the gym rats thread and listen, you have the potential to become a beast if you want it.

I don't - I'd have had nowhere to train, and my parents would have chopped bits off me had I done anything that wasn't related to my GCSEs/A-levels.

In the prime of my youth and bitterly disappointed? No thanks. :)

@BaileyDesign - your company wouldn't happen to be called BaileyDesign, would it? Because having an account with that as the name of your business could be classed as advertising one's own business interests...

/troll

I don't - I'd have had nowhere to train, and my parents would have chopped bits off me had I done anything that wasn't related to my GCSEs/A-levels.

In the prime of my youth and bitterly disappointed? No thanks. :)

@BaileyDesign - your company wouldn't happen to be called BaileyDesign, would it? Because having an account with that as the name of your business could be classed as advertising one's own business interests...

/troll

Nah My business isn't called BaileyDesign aha! The two aren't related, and i'm doing great in my GCSE's in my opinion, A* in my OCR I.T , A's in english language and literature, B's in Maths, Geography, Citizenship and religious studies. Passed in all sciences!

Absolutely.

Spelled ****. :D

Anyway, BaileyDesign: keep up the hard work at school/college/whatever it's called as it will help pay for what becomes an expensive habit (going to the gym) in future. :)

One last thing that FF missed of the list of must do's bailey......Mobility work, so many advantages from being a supple leopard (search mobility wod on google)

Take advantage of your ag, check out the gym ratz thread and see what that hulk kid Jesse is oing at 19. Even doing 50% of what he does in 3 years time would be awesome and set you up for a seriously impressive lifting career :)

Back
Top Bottom