OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Nothing will get rid of stretch marks once the dermis is damaged, however keeping the area moisturised and massaged helps it to fade quicker. Its mostly to do with keeping the skin hydrated and protected and keeping a good flow of blood to the area. Coconut oil should work just the same as bio oil for a lot cheaper.

For real? I'm getting a few stretch mark and I was considering getting some Bio Oil but it is so damn expensive! Does that work?

Sorry! Lavender oil is for burns (sun, fire, whatever)... Not sure what can help your skin if the guns are stretching it too much! ;)

I have heard bio oil recommended for ladies during pregnancy, so...?

Thanks for the info. The bits of reading I have done hint that there may be nothing too special bout bio oil as such but it is more the action of rubbing it in which helps to "re-order" the mess of collagen fibres that make up scar tissue. None of mine are even that bad I just think it's interesting :p

For real? I'm getting a few stretch mark and I was considering getting some Bio Oil but it is so damn expensive! Does that work?

I have/had quite bad stretch marks that run down the fronts of my armpits slightly on to the biceps and across the chest a good 4/5 inches in total length (so swole).

They faded with time and only really flare up when I get a good pump on, that's what caused them initially, pump & fast growth.

I don't know if it worked but as it's a relatively small area and it goes quite far I'll continue to use it if/when they come back.

I'm fabulous and use Bio Oil on my face and neck and can say it's helped to improve my skin. An other option is Vit E oil.
I keep meaning to try the Bio Oil on an old piercing scar but never get into the routine of doing it but again it should help that.

Last edited:
It's almost certain that any observed changes are caused by a little bit of pump and a slight reduction in water weight by (maybe even subconcious) diet change.

Muscle perfusion caused by use of muscles in a manner to which they are unaccustomed.

The feeling you're getting is your body getting ready for awesome. :cool:

Save your money and get advice here instead would be my honest opinion. Unless you are certain the PT in question can teach you correct form & recruitment.

I recon form is something I am lacking, although no really doing free weights just now. Even machines I'm aware I'm not using the full movement (due to fear of banging down the weights) but I suppose if I'm aware of it I should be able to correct =/

Where's the best place to start a thread looking for a workout routine? I know I need to probably narrow down what I want to do as a starting point as it is a bit vague.

So only been gyming it for 3weeks now and not sure if I see some changes or if it's psychological just now. I also try and do some stuff at home between days for core and with dumbbells
5/5/13
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/...t journal/IMG_20130505_221516_zpscf777f23.jpg

31/5/13
http://s177.photobucket.com/user/as...rnal/IMG_20130531_115009_zpsa9f2f6ba.jpg.html

edit:
Suppose this is more general gym pics than body building pics before anyone makes a comment :P
Don't rely on pics for progress in the short term. Short term progress is measured by increases in your gym performance, which can occur workout on workout.

Back
Top Bottom