OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Nice look shifty, kinda what I'm going for. Whats are your stats and what kinda weight do you lift, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry dude, didn't catch your post. Stats? I have absolutely no idea to be honest. I'm 5'9 with a 30'' waist.....other than that, I don't take any measurements whatsoever - perhaps I should, actually! :p Might be beneficial. I don't lift that heavy and I don't up my weights regularly. I just give different muscle groups a good bashing roughly 3 times weekly. I like supersets and pre/post muscle exhaustion. :) Oh and I try and eat fairly healthily but it's difficult! :p

Due to my lack of training and bad diet as of late I feel quite muscle-less and skinny looking in the mirror. I don't feel pumped, there's no aching....it's rather depressing :p Must..get..things..back..on..track!

Associate
Steedie - really nice progress. Just be careful not to slouch in your photos, I think that's whats making your shoulders look smaller than they actually are. I take photos of transformations for a personal trainer I know and his clients have a habit of slouching to show their chest and traps, not realising they are dwarfing their shoulders. Would be great to see photos of you puffing chest out and shoulders back. Just a minor thing really but thought it might help.

Gotta love this thread. Seeing everyone here come on in leaps and bounds really spurs me on to train hard

Soldato
Sorry for the horrendous quality! Don't know why I'm bending over in the shot which was supposed to be showing my legs, either.

back1xjr.jpg

back4.jpg

back2m.jpg

front2a.jpg

front1a.jpg

I think my chest needs more work to be honest. I hit it hard with dumbbell presses, dips, dumbbell pullovers and flies but it doesn't seem to grow. :/

Hopefully I'll see some improvement when I eventually get a proper bench so I can make use of my barbell properly.

Man of Honour
OP
Looking lean and pretty good. I'd say your shoulders need a lot of work if I'm honest. Back is looking good, even and relatively symmetrical with some decent size, though the lower part of the traps could do with some development, and there's plenty of width to be had from the lats, but looking good, definitely an aesthetically pleasing physique. I'd agree that the chest seems a bit short but even, it's not as bad as you make out. Incline work, slow negatives, and some 5x5 routines would be good for you. Glad to see your legs are being worked on too - not looking chicken legged! :D Arms are looking good, but again tris are a little lacking IMO.

Sorry, that sounded really negative :( Honestly, you're looking well developed as I don't know what you're after and only basing it on my opinion about getting big you've got a fantastic low BF base and great vascularity that could develop into a very powerful and aesthetically pleasing physique. Ultimately if you're happy with it then that's all that counts!

Soldato
Cheers, Freefaller. Don't worry about sounding negative, that's exactly the sort of critique I was after.

I noticed my back looked a little... thin in certain areas, notably the lower traps like you said. What exercise(s) would would suggest to target this? I don't do shrugs at the moment, so I could add them into my routine for traps but I don't know whether it'll hit the lower part or not. What about bending over and doing scapular contractions with dumbbells in each hand? I guess that'd do the trick to some extent.

Interesting you mentioned a 5x5 routine. I haven't really considered this before but I might give it a go because I'm growing a little bored with my current routine which I don't think I change regularly enough. Would this be for my entire weight lifting routine, or just for the chest work?

Basically, I'd rather get big and soft than small and ripped, but I'm not really interested in bulking and cutting. I'd rather just get there gradually and maintain my diet accordingly.

Thank you very much for your input, really appreciate it and I'll try to put it to good use!

Soldato
My legs are pathetic - I can lift a fair deal on them but they are truly dreadful. I've always found my Chest/Biceps and Calves really hard to grow I don't know why just do, I guess it's just genetics I guess and compared to rest I find the other spots a lot easier and don't require half as much work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom