OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Don't get me started on fat man calves... They got to eat like pigs for years and grow massive calves in the process! lol ;)

Haha, wear a weight vest with an extra 25kgs in it ;)

It's really hard to get a picture that will actually show much definition.

65280w.jpg

Currently 5'8, 174lbs and 18-19% bf, I was 228 and got knows what %bf. I plan to get down to 160-162, 10-12% and then bulk.

Soldato
Dammit, one of these days I will get the hang of this camera.

Eating as fast as I can but I'm still having a hard time keeping any fat on, but you should see some of the guys at my boxing club... mental physiques.

Soldato
Because I assume that it indicates there's still a negative deficit between what I'm eating and what I'm using, so I could be eating a bit more and therefore have a bit more energy for training. I could be wrong in this thinking.

dun

dun

Soldato
If you have a fast metabolism, eating clean and training hard then I wouldn't expect you to be putting on much fat. If you think you will train harder with more fat then eat a load of fatty processed crap over the next month and see how you feel. I would say you will feel worse :)

Associate
I think what your saying is that without the fat, you do not know if you're giving your body enough nutrition because there is no left overs?

If its worrying you then up your calorie intake and see if you develop fat, and if you do slowly bring it down to a happy medium between there, and where you are now :)

Man of Honour
OP
Most people have an average metabolism in actual fact, there are a lot of tests that can be done and the tolerances are quite wide though. Age and activity are a big factor too. So technically there are no such things as fast/slow metabolisms - over 90% of people with "metabolism" oddities when tested show that in actual fact they fall within the norm. Remember the more lean body mass you have the more efficiently your body metabolises food, and what seems like a "speed up" of your metabolism.

I haven't got the facts and figures here, but I've read a lot of articles stating that metabolic rate is actually very average for most people and metabolic disorders are rarer than people think.

Soldato
Pretty much @ Jonny L

Interesting Freefaller, I aim for about 2500 calories a day but if I'm honest with myself I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting it. A typical day might be:

8:00 - large bowl of porrige (whole milk) + honey (w/ cinnamon)
1 a day cod liver oil

11:30 - 3 scrambled eggs on white bun (whole milk + small amount of butter)

14:30 - tin of tuna + cous cous (w/ lots of chopped veg) + pitta bread

18:45 - 20:45 - training of mad intensity

21:00 - stirfry w/ lots of veg + either prawns/steak/chicken

On days when I don't train I usually add a bowl of Greek yoghurt with honey and chopped nuts. Also when I'm training I dilute about a third of a bottle of Lucozade into 1L of water, which is about 100 cals of corn syrup - to be honest I'm not sure if this is helping anything.

I don't know how much that is, some days I will forgo the eggs and have a large mango or papaya and then some mixed nuts or something, then usually later a banana or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom