OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
My shoulders are my only positive genetic trait :p

Arms I've started focusing on anything to build a Bicep peak. Lots of flat bar, very controlled reps, down to full stretch and sharp contractions. Tricep work I've been focusing on over the top weight dips or lots and lots and lots of close grip bench press. Arms aren't my strongest point by a long shot, but they're slowly improving.

Soldato
My legs are the biggest positive on my body, used to cycle daily for 3 years along a seafront to a cafe. They're big as in "bear mode" big, not "muscle definition" big.

Pecs are coming along nicely, only wear tight t shirts to the gym and they do stand out nicely. Not as much definition there as I like but you can deffo see them.

Biceps are OK-ish, triceps need more work as they're both growing upwards but the arms aren't growing out sideways. What excercises would help with this? I do tricep push downs and pull downs but it only seems to make them extend down.

The brachialis muscle I think it is?

I'm doing hammer curls, 3x10 reps alternating each arm, each rep. That seems a comfortable amount with a minute rest in between.

Soldato
triceps need more work as they're both growing upwards but the arms aren't growing out sideways. What excercises would help with this?

Weighted dips helped me a great deal with that. As a side effect my bench and particularly military press went up too. Go as heavy as possible for 5*5 with good form. Optionally, after each 5 drop the weights and rep out with just body weight. Start with just body weight if you're struggling with weighted and keep upping whenever you can hit 5*5.

*Disclaimer - this may be horrible advice! But it's working for me.

Last edited:
Soldato

May not always look that way but I'm sitting pretty solid at the moment. Abs can come through a bit better (or at all :p ) but I'm not too bothered at the moment with boiled broccoli or chicken breasts. Hitting the gym 2-4 times a week and rest of the time I'm either playing sports or being active. Looking to lose another 3-5kg of fat. Not aiming to be mega lean either. A bit more belly fat and in good to go.

Shirtless pic taken last week. Pic with shirt taken this morning while out hiking.

Man of Honour
OP
You look healthy enough - not sure what "look" you're after? Being fit and in shape, yup. Being a ripped mass monster, nope :p Being skinny? Nope. Skinny fat? Nope. Lean and mean, nope.

But that's just my opinion - as I said at the moment you look healthy. :)

Soldato
Hehe, fit and in shape is more than enough. My bodybuilder dreams died long time ago. Which is strictly why I probably shouldn't be posting here but thought I'd throw up a pic anyway as I happened to take a few recently.

Man of Honour
OP
Don't be daft, you're more than welcome to post here, the title is a bit of incorrect really, I may change it, it's a perfectly good place to show progress, inspire others and keep track of your changes. :)

Associate
11 weeks out from my next show.

FB_IMG_1457710842878_zps8xmxz8l6.jpg

Caporegime
Hi all,

Random but here we go. I've battled and managed my weight reasonably well for years, including doing 2 "big" weight losses, which is great. However, since getting back from travelling I've stopped exercising regularly. I walk to the train station and walk around quite a bit but apart from getting my heart rate up for a bit its not really proper exercise is it. I eat pretty healthily...almost always home cooked meals, regular variation of fish, different meats, salad and vegetables. Almost never any "junk" food (I just don't like it) But I do occasionally indulge in "treats" (sweet tooth) and then balance it out by being strict for a few days afterwards.

Heres the next thing. I'm getting married in 6 weeks and 4 days. I recently got back from holiday and saw a photo of myself and didn't like what I saw. Therefore I am inspired want to give a strict and clean eating regime with tough exercise as much as possible to try and look my best for the big day.

The exercise I have covered. There is a swimming pool local to me I can go to in the evenings and weekends, plus there is a gym nearby I can look into covered with hot bikram yoga which I really enjoy. I can start that almost immediately. I need help with the diet though.

I do enjoy vegetarian dishes, but couldn't go full vegetarian as I like fish & meat too much. But I think I could go pescatarian, coupled with super salads and cutting of carbs I am hoping the shock diet could give quick changes :p :D

Any help welcome :)

Soldato
How you eat now sounds fine, you just need to control calories so that you're in an appropriate calorie deficit/eating under your TDEE. Whatever type of eating plan you follow still has to follow the laws of physics and the results will be the same as long as things like protein intake are matched, and in terms of health as long as you're getting sufficient vitamins/minerals/animo acids/fibre/EAAs etc. including some 'treats' won't make any difference as long as they fit into your calorie budget.

Soldato

Download myfitnesspal and record everything that you eat. If you want to make this really work, get a set of scales and weight everything too. 6 weeks of careful portion control and you'll be looking great. You don't need to go on some crazy imbalanced diet or massive calorie deficit if you're exercising.

Soldato
puyyp7D.jpg

Natty calves checking in.

Been in the 20 month tendinosis club which means training the upper body has been very, very poor. I dropped approx 16lb (163lb club yo) and I've stayed here for almost a year :(

I've still consistently trained everything that isn't injured. HIIT, hollow holds and plank variations have really saved my butt.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Natty calves checking in.

Been in the 20 month tendinosis club which means training the upper body has been very, very poor. I dropped approx 16lb (163lb club yo) and I've stayed here for almost a year :(

I've still consistently trained everything that isn't injured. HIIT, hollow holds and plank variations have really saved my butt.

Looking awesome for a man struggling to get a decent upper body session in!

Back
Top Bottom