OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
All I am saying, is that for the sake of not injuring yourself and being out of it for a few weeks/months, it would be better to drop the weight and concentrate on good form. Fair enough if they would accept that in a competition, but if it were me I would concentrate on good form during training and then let it go a bit if that is acceptable in a comp in an effort to lift more. At the end of the day it is up to you, I was just offering my 2 pence.

You may also find that good form could offer you better strength gains as you would be performing the exercise as it was intended and hitting the right buttons. I could be wrong, and am happy to be proven so.
Why would I need to drop the weight & concentrate on form. I don't have a video of the first two reps but they went up without the hitching seen in the 2nd rep of the vid. That hitching is no more dangerous than doing it with perfect form, it releases pressure on the spine so I can straighten it.

I have tried proper bodybuilding style, and on a few exercises I will do bodybuilding style. I changed to a more compound, freeweight, power type program as isolation exercises for me don't hit the spot. I can see progress with the way I'm training.

I'm not saying do what I do, I'm just saying I've already tried what u want me to do and I don't make gains while doing it.

Don't take it personally, I do it the way I do because I think it works rather than not knowing any different.

I do a powerclean and carry the momentum into a standing shoulder press. I do it because it has an explosive element off the floor which helps with the deadlift, and uses shoulder rotation, reverse conventional bicep contractions, and obviously front delts/upper chest. Those two in the background tried to get me to do a double dip as if I was trying something like an olympic lift. I'm not. I'm doing an exercise which is using all the muscles I want to use and its not about how much more weight i could use with a different technique. So u see, I like to keep my own council on how and what exercises I do.

If someone gave me a completely different exercise regime I would try it, but don't pick holes in a routine that I feel is working and then not listen to my reasons for doing it a certain way. I wouldn't be on 200kg if I didn't push the limits but I don't feel I take unnecessary risks.

Please no more criticism of my lifts I have heard your opinion, if u carry on I'll assume that its just a wind up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i can see progress with the way I'm training.

Don't take it personally, I do it the way I do because I think it works rather than not knowing any different.

this is one of the biggest points tbh. we get to know our bodies and what works best for us.
as long as you know that and you are seeing good effect, thats what matters.
keep safe fella and keep training hard :]

Soldato
Pretty much 1 month on from my last posts....

13333378.jpg

A whole body shot so the legs are in too...

legso.jpg

I've had a look at the 100 pressups thread and decided to give it a try, seems i can do more than last time i really tried as i managed 36 straight when trying to gauge where i should start.

I'm trying to keep track of progress with measuring my size when i take these pictures, should i measure while relaxed or while tensed?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure which thread to post this in. Note that in the background u have James LLewelin IFBB pro, Mick Holding WSM competitor, and Jay Hughes who just beat Terry Hollands in the Great Britain Strongman comp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30446799@N08/3600391893/

I got two good reps after that fail. Well maybe a bit forced. I did 6 reps, 1 which I flunked out due to not using technique. All that bouncing around on the bottom really made my thighs burn!

Lessen the weight there's too much for you (I used to dead lift too). Your technique isn't right and your lifting using your back and not your legs and back. Carry on and you will give yourself a back problem.

Associate
Pretty much 1 month on from my last posts....

13333378.jpg

A whole body shot so the legs are in too...

legso.jpg

I've had a look at the 100 pressups thread and decided to give it a try, seems i can do more than last time i really tried as i managed 36 straight when trying to gauge where i should start.

I'm trying to keep track of progress with measuring my size when i take these pictures, should i measure while relaxed or while tensed?

great progress, you've got great legs and insane calves.:eek:

Man of Honour
OP
Not sure which thread to post this in. Note that in the background u have James LLewelin IFBB pro, Mick Holding WSM competitor, and Jay Hughes who just beat Terry Hollands in the Great Britain Strongman comp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30446799@N08/3600391893/

I got two good reps after that fail. Well maybe a bit forced. I did 6 reps, 1 which I flunked out due to not using technique. All that bouncing around on the bottom really made my thighs burn!

Good effort on the weight, but it did make me cringe a little! :o Well done though keep it up. I take it that was 200kg?

Soldato
How do you spot train so you can get that lovely "V" shape aka Apollo's Belt?

You can't. I think what you're referring to are Lateral Muscles in your back, but you will also need to work your shoulders, which are worked directly and via training other muscle groups. Also need to stimulate your legs to encourage all over body growth/good proportioning.

Ready the sticky If I were you!

Man of Honour
OP
Everyone has an Apollo's belt, it's just low bodyfat - you can't "train" it specifically. Kris is lucky as he's very tall, 1.96m IIRC, and low bodyfat and slim so he's going to show the lean muscle much more evidently. Kris would look mean as hell with a build like morba's but at Kris' height and dimension! :cool:

Soldato
Everyone has an Apollo's belt, it's just low bodyfat - you can't "train" it specifically. Kris is lucky as he's very tall, 1.96m IIRC, and low bodyfat and slim so he's going to show the lean muscle much more evidently. Kris would look mean as hell with a build like morba's but at Kris' height and dimension! :cool:

Very right, i round off to 6'5" but i'm just a little over, so maybe 197?

Now i'm starting to get into it and am starting to see positive results i'm wondering how far i actually want to go with it. Just a few months ago (4-5) my chest size was 39" and i'm now at 45". Yet proportionally i don't look big at all especially compared to people like yourself for example (not seen morba's build so can't comment). There's sort of a childish urge inside me that wants to get massive, but i don't know if it'd be too much once i get there. Is there even a too much?

Associate
Very right, i round off to 6'5" but i'm just a little over, so maybe 197?

Now i'm starting to get into it and am starting to see positive results i'm wondering how far i actually want to go with it. Just a few months ago (4-5) my chest size was 39" and i'm now at 45". Yet proportionally i don't look big at all especially compared to people like yourself for example (not seen morba's build so can't comment). There's sort of a childish urge inside me that wants to get massive, but i don't know if it'd be too much once i get there. Is there even a too much?

It depends what your after and your vision of what you would like to look like.

I know that I'm just going to keep going, I don't think I'll ever be huge but I think I could be an all right size.

dun

dun

Soldato
There is no such thing as too much, especially at 6'5. You could train hard for the next 20 years and take everything you can lay your hands on and still would be hard to look like an absolute freak. I can only think of 2 good bodybuilders 6'5 or more. How many have you seen 6' or below?

If you have the feeling "I don't know if it would be too much" then maybe training for full out size isn't for you, but I'd go for it :)

Back
Top Bottom