OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I don't know if you are being serious or not.
Either way, that wasn't good form.

They would be deemed good deadlifts in a competion. Plus please clarify the bad form, (Still looks fine to me, back straight the whole time, head up, I mean come on what is up with it?) if you mean he is struggling slightly, man thats lifting heavy weights and pushing your body.
Basically they are good lifts, look at any deadlift in competion or when someone is at there limit, pushing yourself ain't always pretty.;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRxpqP9BQY Tell me this guy has bad technique too. lol
Don worry megatron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_jJqGeiBk&feature=fvw you'll be popping that weight like these, let the guys slagging you put a vid of them lifting a similar comparative weight

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Jmc - Morba is hardly a beginner to this game, and dare I say somewhat of an expert.

Secondly get off your high horse about people "slagging off" Megatron who we all know is a good lifter - this is an open forum and people were simply stating fact. No one was mocking the weight lifted, and I think you'll find a lot of people here are more than capable of shifting similar weight.

Soldato
They would be deemed good deadlifts in a competion. Plus please clarify the bad form, (Still looks fine to me, back straight the whole time, head up, I mean come on what is up with it?) if you mean he is struggling slightly, man thats lifting heavy weights and pushing your body.
Basically they are good lifts, look at any deadlift in competion or when someone is at there limit, pushing yourself ain't always pretty.;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRxpqP9BQY Tell me this guy has bad technique too. lol
Don worry megatron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_jJqGeiBk&feature=fvw you'll be popping that weight like these, let the guys slagging you put a vid of them lifting a similar comparative weight

They were not slagging off megatron it was an impressive weight he lifted, people were only voicing there concern over his form which in my opinion wasn't that bad if anything similar to mine:eek::D! I also would advise you get a wider belt megatron you only get one spine:p.

Caporegime

next time you want to read something, read the rest of the comments. no one is slagging anyone off and i even said myself that if all he wants to do is get a good lift in a comp then it would pass.

just FYI - i have actually done a deadlift myself before...

Soldato
Jmc - Morba is hardly a beginner to this game, and dare I say somewhat of an expert.

Secondly get off your high horse about people "slagging off" Megatron who we all know is a good lifter - this is an open forum and people were simply stating fact. No one was mocking the weight lifted, and I think you'll find a lot of people here are more than capable of shifting similar weight.

I am not on my high horse; I know no-one was mocking the weight he lifted, (*sheesh)

They were not slagging off megatron it was an impressive weight he lifted, people were only voicing there concern over his form which in my opinion wasn't that bad if anything similar to mine:eek::D! I also would advise you get a wider belt megatron you only get one spine:p.

This yes, slagging his form not the weight.

next time you want to read something, read the rest of the comments. no one is slagging anyone off and i even said myself that if all he wants to do is get a good lift in a comp then it would pass.

just FYI - i have actually done a deadlift myself before...

Again they were slagging his form off, so they were.

Just FYI I am a former power lifter, do you have a BWLA license?

Man of Honour
OP
What does having a BWLA licence have to do with it?

Whether or not it passes a powerlifting comp doesn't make it good form necessarily. Why are you so defensive? We're just saying that the form isn't brilliant and it needs to be pointed out, this helps a lot of the new lifters and less experienced people unlike you, me, morba and a few others give advice. We have to set an example as to what is good form and what isn't. If experts of experienced lifters want to cheat a little it's their perogative - it's our responsibility to share good form, technique and skills.

Soldato
Lessen the weight there's too much for you (I used to dead lift too). Your technique isn't right and your lifting using your back and not your legs and back. Carry on and you will give yourself a back problem.

More negative response. He is using his legs, his back may be the weaker link in this lift so therefore seem to be working/struggling more. Man, have any of you power lifted before, I mean they are his max reps, right? Not warm up reps with perfect form.
I am out of this sport thread, too many fear mongers "Ohh you'll put your back out lifting that."
Any of you guys ever heard of Barbarian lifting?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXb3...363BBDC6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43 Tell him at 1:27 he has bad form, then see him a few months later at 1:46.
I rest my case. Just lift it. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Look JMC you have to understand there are a lot of young people on this board with very little experience in lifting. We have a responsibility to ensure we teach them to lift properly, and not push themselves foolishly. Megatron is experienced lifter and for the likes of you and an me and other people that know their stuff we know it's acceptable and that as an experienced lifter megatron was in control of the lift.

You have to bear in mind, this is a computer based forum primarily, and there are a lot of beginners or people that weight train for exercise and fun and not for anything else. Some of us train for other reasons.

Yes powerlifters aren't the prettiest technically, but good form is an absolute must for people starting out. Surely you must understand the responsibility we have to ensure people do things properly no?

Soldato

Whether or not it passes a powerlifting comp doesn't make it good form necessarily. Why are you so defensive? We're just saying that the form isn't brilliant and it needs to be pointed out, this helps a lot of the new lifters and less experienced people unlike you, me, morba and a few others give advice. We have to set an example as to what is good form and what isn't. If experts of experienced lifters want to cheat a little it's their perogative - it's our responsibility to share good form, technique and skills.

Good form does not build bulk, lifting heavy weights does.

Man of Honour
OP
Good form does not build bulk, lifting heavy weights does.

Who said anything about bulk? And you're not technically 100% correct, yes lifting heavy is important for strength and size development but it is not categoric and absolute. However I'm happy to argue the toss with you - but form no matter what the weight IS important.

Soldato

Good form does not build bulk, lifting heavy weights does. I am saying when it comes to getting bigger and stronger heavy weight is the factor, not good form. Of course saftey is key. One good lift really pushing your self beats ten reps of good form IMO.
Ever heard of the idea of shocking your body into growth, or sorry, getting stronger, with heavy heavy weights.
Are you a brown belt?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Good form does not build bulk, lifting heavy weights does. I am saying when it comes to getting bigger and stronger heavy weight is the factor, not good form. Of course saftey is key. One good lift really pushing your self beats ten reps of good form IMO.

Not for building bulk it doesn't. For strength and power, yes absolutely agree with you 100%. Volume builds bulk, 1 single heavy lift will have very little hypotrophic effects compared to a series of high volume lifts. I'm not saying do pink fluffy weights, but a medium-heavy weight of your 1RM with volume is going to be more beneficial for size than lots of 1RMs with breaks in between.

I'm glad you agree about safety.

I know all about shockign your body for growth, which is why I change my training routine regularly and vary it with light-medium and heavy weight sessions. Keep my body guessing and on it's toes. :) What do you want to know?

Am I a brown belt in what?

Soldato
In power lifting.
They are bench press, squat and dead lift results yeah?
Basically I just felt the people who were pulling megatron on form were wrong, there is mopre than one way to skin a cat and some people are less susceptible to injury so can maybe push there body more.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Sorry, yes they are.

They are all for reps, and all raw.

As it stands at the moment:

180 squats for reps, no belt
150 bench for 2 no belt
220 DL for 2 no belt, but straps.

I haven't tried any assisted lifts yet as a) I don't haev the equipment b) it doesn't interest me c) I only do powerlifting as a side line to strength/size/power as a combination for rugby and general fitness, appearance and well being. Plus I LOVE lifting weights! Makes me feel great! :D

Soldato
Look JMC you have to understand there are a lot of young people on this board with very little experience in lifting. We have a responsibility to ensure we teach them to lift properly, and not push themselves foolishly. Megatron is experienced lifter and for the likes of you and an me and other people that know their stuff we know it's acceptable and that as an experienced lifter megatron was in control of the lift.

You have to bear in mind, this is a computer based forum primarily, and there are a lot of beginners or people that weight train for exercise and fun and not for anything else. Some of us train for other reasons.

Yes powerlifters aren't the prettiest technically, but good form is an absolute must for people starting out. Surely you must understand the responsibility we have to ensure people do things properly no?

Thank you for this.
Now to stop talking and get training again myself. :D God Bless

Last edited:

dun

dun

Soldato
What a load of tit for tat was that :p Keep this thread for pics please, I keep thinking there has been an update when its some bs about powerlifting and form (we have a gym-rats thread for yaking) :D

I've started doing legs twice a week for the last couple of weeks. Wednesday calves, hamstrings and outer/inner thigh, and Friday for quads. Its quite a change from my normal training as I've always done legs on 1 day before.
Starting to feel a lot fuller but I seem to hold more fat on my legs than my upper body.
070609_1.jpg

We'll see if it makes much of a difference giving them 2 days in a few months.

Man of Honour
OP
Definitely some bulk on it's way there - not quite treetrunks yet though! :D Yeah from the other pics you've posted it does seem that your legs look less lean, but it could be the camera, angle, lighting it does make a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom