OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
oh, yeah, i do have a shake in the morning. I have a hard time eating in the morning. One of the trainers at the gym had the same problem. He told me to just blend some eggs, bannana, milk and oats.

Caporegime
im not interested in your breakfast, im questioning what you have after working out hard :p

also, being addicted is not a good thing, like alcohol addiction and drug addiction, gym addiction can actually be worse for you than better.

Associate
and this is the scar! :mad:

scar.jpg

Associate
Do you have the shake, before or after cardio?

Before cardio would be preferable, because there is a short window after weight training when you have a good chance to help yourself recover by nourishing your muscles.

Post workout is when they are really screaming for protein.

Caporegime
Caporegime
and its a normal meal at that point.

the problem with doing cardio after a good weights session is that you are craving fast carbs and fast protein. doing cardio means you have to wait.
making your body weight even longer for replenishment, by having a normal meal, makes it a touch worse.

If you can, do weights and cardio on different days, then you can feed yourself immediately after weights.

Caporegime
not so much cut it out, but do it at a different time.
also, you should make a decision of losing fat or building muscle imo. i have a stinking feeling that you arent eating enough to be anywhere near a point of building muscle.
5 hours of cardio a week is a lot when entertaining building muscle, you would need to be eating a HUGE amount of kcals.

Associate
Do you have the shake, before or after cardio?

Before cardio would be preferable, because there is a short window after weight training when you have a good chance to help yourself recover by nourishing your muscles.

Post workout is when they are really screaming for protein.

If your aim is to lose weight you should have your shake after the cardio. If your trying to lose weight and your in a calorie deficit your not going to be gaining any muscle anyway.

After weight training your glycogen stores will be depleted. So if you then top up your glycogen with a pwo shake your body will be able to dip into those glycogen stores again before it moves on to the fat stores.

So if you do your cardio straight after weights your body will use your fat as fuel quicker because you'll have depleted glycogen.

Soldato
Your right, your not the first person who's told me this. Guess I have a few decisions to make.

I've not been following apart from reading the top of this page down.

I would recommend doing your cardio in the morning before work if you can. I understand that by doing this, cardio before a days worth of food, is that you will be burning more fat from stores, as opposed to the days worth of food and not really getting anywhere. (please correct me if im wrong!)

I like to eat a small light breakfast before so to kick start my metabolism and then eat immediatley after, second breakfast :p, continue my day/diet as normal and train weights in the evening. I'm only doing 30 minutes on the treadclimber (apparently burns calories twice as fast, not sure if I believe it, but it seems to be working.) Was doing about an hour most days, but cut down due to fatigue and fancied a break, aslo my aim is to build muscle not have crazy low bodyfat.

So if you do your cardio straight after weights your body will use your fat as fuel quicker because you'll have depleted glycogen.

Didn't see this! I'll leave it to the more knowledgable than myself!

Seems to be working, bodyfats probaly dropped around 1/2% in the last 6/8weeks *rough guess* nothing major but noticable.

Just taken some measurements after back session:

Forearm: up from 13" to 13.5"
Bicep: up from 15.5" to 16"
Chest: up from 45" to 46"

Measurements pumped. The only thing measurement that seems to grow when pumped is my chest. Thighs are approaching 25" and calves hovering at 15.5". Weighed just now at 14 stone 2 lbs.

Shoulders are getting a lot more shape due to incorporating standing military press which I'm pleased with. Threw some in ater my flat and incline DB press yesterday was absolute torture!

2 stone and 2lbs weight increase in 2 years, mostly muscle too :p:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom