OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Jonny L - Yup, be entering my third year in September. Did you go there? or currently there? Considering it?

I've just finished my first year, and spent a lot of that time, drinking/partying or lying around, until the last couple of months of the year.

I just wondered if you knew of any more free weight orientated gyms than the uni one, because while its convenient and quite well equipped, it doesn't have everything.

Thanks mate :)

Soldato
Currently been trying to lean bulk and I think I've been gaining weight fairly steadily and maintaining / losing a bit of bodyfat. Although the pics from today seem to disagree although I think thats due to lighting as I've seen more veins etc in my arms =/.
Today:
a.jpg

B.jpg

22/6:
a1.jpg

Currently 12 stone 5 at 6' from around 12 in the previous pic IIRC
I think I need to (and have been trying) to work on my traps / shoulders.

Last edited:
Soldato

Harsh lighting conditions there. However your back looks to have some potential in terms of width in the last shot. Shoulders need a bit of work like you suggested. Though bent over rows, deadlifts, bench and maybe some shrugs should sort most of that out and then isolate where necesary. Keep it up! :)

Soldato
I've just finished my first year, and spent a lot of that time, drinking/partying or lying around, until the last couple of months of the year.

I just wondered if you knew of any more free weight orientated gyms than the uni one, because while its convenient and quite well equipped, it doesn't have everything.

Thanks mate :)

That's what the first years all about! Umm the only other gym I know of is fitspace, which is past morrisons on the other side, next to screwfix. However it is a very heavily 'gear' orientated gym. Not to say you'd be offered if left right and center, but you may well be intimitaded and feel very small. Heck I feel tiny when I walk in there!

Does have a squat rack though which the Uni gym lacks and I long for so much! Also has Hammer Strength DL machine and Leg sled/press. Dumbells upto about 90KG. Also a lot more weights machines, fairly sure I've seen a lateral raise in there, though it's all older stuff compared to the uni gym. Further to walk too.

Hope this helps:)

Associate
That's what the first years all about! Umm the only other gym I know of is fitspace, which is past morrisons on the other side, next to screwfix. However it is a very heavily 'gear' orientated gym. Not to say you'd be offered if left right and center, but you may well be intimitaded and feel very small. Heck I feel tiny when I walk in there!

Does have a squat rack though which the Uni gym lacks and I long for so much! Also has Hammer Strength DL machine and Leg sled/press. Dumbells upto about 90KG. Also a lot more weights machines, fairly sure I've seen a lateral raise in there, though it's all older stuff compared to the uni gym. Further to walk too.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks for that mate, I think I might stay at the uni gym for a while then until I could at least contemplate lifting one of those db's off the floor :o.

Cheers for the info :)

dun

dun

Soldato
Thanks for that mate, I think I might stay at the uni gym for a while then until I could at least contemplate lifting one of those db's off the floor :o.

Cheers for the info :)

If you have the opportunity to go to a hardcore gym then take it mate. Surrounding yourself with big lads lifting big weights will be much more beneficial than nancy uni kids who aren't really bothered.

Associate
If you have the opportunity to go to a hardcore gym then take it mate. Surrounding yourself with big lads lifting big weights will be much more beneficial than nancy uni kids who aren't really bothered.

kl, thanks dun, I will check it out then. Might have to just go in a have a look around, then I'll decide if I'm ready for it yet :)

Soldato
Looks like there is a good amount of muscle mate, but like I say time and time again on the pics, the posing lets it down. It looks like your shoulder blades are going to rip out at one point. Remember you are trying to spread your lats in a rear double bi, not squash your shoulder blades together.
But like I say you can see there is a nice amount of muscle under there, keep up the good work!
Thanks dun - after googling around, I now see what you mean :o :D

Soldato
kl, thanks dun, I will check it out then. Might have to just go in a have a look around, then I'll decide if I'm ready for it yet :)

Just ask to use the shop if you fancy having a wander round. I know the chap that runs it. a lot of very large fellas in there with little patience. Whilst it'd be a benefical experience they have little time for mens health readers on swiss balls taking up benches and weights. However if you know what you're doing that shouldn't be an issue.

If I'm about when your in the Uni gym give me a shout. If you want any form checking etc (not meaning to blow my own trumpet) I'd be happy to help. Plenty of half rep heroes & people that just follow you round copying whatever you're doing in that gym.

Associate
Just ask to use the shop if you fancy having a wander round. I know the chap that runs it. a lot of very large fellas in there with little patience. Whilst it'd be a benefical experience they have little time for mens health readers on swiss balls taking up benches and weights. However if you know what you're doing that shouldn't be an issue.

If I'm about when your in the Uni gym give me a shout. If you want any form checking etc (not meaning to blow my own trumpet) I'd be happy to help. Plenty of half rep heroes & people that just follow you round copying whatever you're doing in that gym.

That would be awesome, thanks mate :) I'll not be back there till the start of the year now, but I will do :) Would be really useful.

Back
Top Bottom