OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I'm guessing around the 13 1/2 stone mark for Dark Shadow ic1male ;)

Great work Dark Shadow! you should be very proud, can you please give me some details on the work you've done to get to where you are?

I'm in a similar state (abit less weight at a guess) and eat far too many carbs with not enough cardio, I work on a farm and have a fair bit of muscle but need to start getting my Bodyfat down.

Caporegime
It's amazing the change that losing 2% body fat can have on your body. I got on the scales today and weighed a whopping 17.5 stone - I bet I've got about 40% body fat. Not a laughing matter. On a slightly brighter note, I was expecting the scales to say 20 stone. :D

I guess I better start my marathon training again and try to shift some of that bulk.

Soldato
@dark_shadow: Well done, that man! May I be nosey and ask how much you actually weighed (or BMI) before you started your regime?
I weighed in at over 200lb approx 29 bmi (which is rubbish any how)

Now 156-160lb (22.5 bmi) and I'm trying to pile on some pounds.

I'm guessing around the 13 1/2 stone mark for Dark Shadow ic1male ;)

Great work Dark Shadow! you should be very proud, can you please give me some details on the work you've done to get to where you are?

I'm in a similar state (abit less weight at a guess) and eat far too many carbs with not enough cardio, I work on a farm and have a fair bit of muscle but need to start getting my Bodyfat down.
Sure.

Check these posts out:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14069906&postcount=948

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14082786&postcount=955

Let me know how you get on :)

Soldato
Thanks DS, I'll get in touch with my Best Mate (who I've not seen in months!!) and start putting in some Gym hours

:)
Good man - I started off training 4 times a week but once you understand gym/workouts/concept you can adjust as you like. I started training harder but cut to 3 times a week and I saw big changes. The diet is the biggest part in this game :)

Make sure you stick to the compounds. Squat/Deadlift/Bench/Military Press :)

Soldato
Had this time off due to my broken finger (you'll notice the splint in the pics) but i've started up again now i can grip the weights and i'm so pleased to be back.

Considering i've had a few weeks of doing nothing this months pics still have a slight improvement over last month i reckon.

Front tensed up:
front640x480.jpg

Front relaxed:
frontrelaxed640x480.jpg

And a first time special for me, a picture of my back after somehow managing to show off my lats properly for an image! :eek:

back640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Lats unless you know how to pop 'em out are very hard to get right.

I've said this before, you're very tall so looking uber stocky is going to be a mission - not impossible, but hard work owing to long limbs and long body shape. However you are definitely started to put on some nice muscle there and keeping lean. You've got some work ahead of you though, but keep it up dude. :cool:

Soldato
krisboats - You've got some good shape to your chest especially the definition in the middle. Shoulders need a bit more meat on them and your back could do with thickening up. Deadlifts and B.O.R's should sort most of this out just takes time and patience! Keep up the good work though!

Soldato
krisboats - You've got some good shape to your chest especially the definition in the middle. Shoulders need a bit more meat on them and your back could do with thickening up. Deadlifts and B.O.R's should sort most of this out just takes time and patience! Keep up the good work though!

Cheers mate. It was only a couple of days ago that i got shown what bent over rows were so tried them and really felt how much work it put them through.

I'm really starting to push myself now with everything, managed to finish off a bicep curl set yesterday on an incline elbow slope thing with the final set at 40kg so i was pretty chuffed with that.

Bear in mind he is about 23 miles tall so he will always look a bit more slender than he really is.

:p Cheers for your comments though mate, really does help having some positive motivation given to me.

Soldato
:p Cheers for your comments though mate, really does help having some positive motivation given to me.

40KG preacher Barbell curls? Impressive, pyramiding up?. Though at the end of a workout you should struggle to curl just the weight of your arm on its own! :p

What its here for positive critism and motivation.

Soldato
40KG preacher Barbell curls? Impressive, pyramiding up?. Though at the end of a workout you should struggle to curl just the weight of your arm on its own! :p

What its here for positive critism and motivation.

Similar, only one arm and a dumbell. Started at 20kg dumbell for 2 sets of 12 as a warm up, gradually got bigger and bigger until 2 reps of 40kg then a load of 20kg's again till my arms died. And thats still with a broken finger :D

I hope my comments were taken the way they were meant to be - i.e. positive!! :)

They most definitely were mate, as always.

Associate
Similar, only one arm and a dumbell. Started at 20kg dumbell for 2 sets of 12 as a warm up, gradually got bigger and bigger until 2 reps of 40kg then a load of 20kg's again till my arms died. And thats still with a broken finger :D.

:eek: Now we know why those guys only managed to brake your pinky :D

Nice work mate

Man of Honour
OP
Nice work dun. :cool: Looking lean, strong, and defined. Muchos impressed! All of you are starting to making me look bad :o

Tris look good, bi ha a nice peak, lats look like they have width, traps look strong, shoulder have a nice shape too. It's a hard angle to really scrutinise posterior chain and width etc... but good job really. Nothing else much to say.

Soldato
Is there a particular way to get a peak on the bicep like that or is it just down to how your own muscles grow? Whatever I've done mine just seems to get thicker/wider rather than higher.

dun

dun

Soldato
Nice work dun. :cool: Looking lean, strong, and defined. Muchos impressed! All of you are starting to making me look bad :o

Tris look good, bi ha a nice peak, lats look like they have width, traps look strong, shoulder have a nice shape too. It's a hard angle to really scrutinise posterior chain and width etc... but good job really. Nothing else much to say.

Thanks mate, every comment I get whether its in the gym/ out an about or here always helps.

bam0- It is a combination of things. For one it is of course your genetics and my right arm currently has a better peak than my left.
You must also be relatively lean, the peak may just be hidden making it look larger but less defined.
Those 2 are the most important but obviously training hard and getting peak contraction and making sure you are using a straight bar/ keeping your hands in that position with a dumbbell (as opposed to ez or hammer angle if you get what I mean). I also picked up a trick from a few competitors where you squeeze your thumb when you make a fist, which helps it to pop up a little more. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom