OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
you should sell your pictures to some supplement company.:D
excellent progress, keep it up.

I wouldnt say what I've managed it quite that impressive :p cheers for all the positive comments guys I'm really happy with the way its going at the moment and yes its also had the positive effect of helping me regrow my head ;)
Totally off topic but I worked a night glass collecting last night to help a mate out and my god I needed a good streching off after the deadlifting DOMS started to kick in

Soldato
Keep at it I'm 34 too there's room for us oldies yet. I hope :)

:eek: You're all around twice my age.
Currently been trying to lean bulk and I think I've been gaining weight fairly steadily and maintaining / losing a bit of bodyfat.....
Anyway got some new (better I think =/) pics up;
me.jpg

back.jpg

Also appears I'm getting a bit of bacne :eek: :p

Last edited:
Associate
actually it really depends on the person using it.
while I have also heard to some people don't get much effect from it, it made a very noticeable difference for me even in small doses. I only took 5 grams pwo and another 5 before going to bed, and I weigh around 100kg.

It improved recovery, which was exactly what I wanted it to do.
I used to get severe doms for 3-4 days even though I had 5-6 meals a day and slept 8-10 hours every night, glutamine has cut those times to half.

On some people, large doses are needed for a noticeable effect, (20-40g/ a day) at which it is quite expensive indeed. Depends how lucky you are.

Soldato
Plenty of good research done on it, as opposed to peoples placebo effects :)

Bottom Line

Glutamine is good for hospital patients and rich people with money to waste. If you’re involved in resistance training and already have proper post workout nutrition, along with a moderate carb intake, then glutamine probably won’t do anything for you. In fact, none of the proposed theories dealing with glutamine supplementation have worked out in the athletic world. It’s also one of the most expensive supplements around (simply based on dosage recommendations), so it’s way too costly to use for personal experimentation — especially when the updated scientific literature doesn’t support the theories.
More;

A high protein diet provides a big whack of glutamine as it is. In fact, if you follow standard bodybuilding protein recommendations, about 10% of your total dietary protein intake is composed of glutamine (milk proteins are composed of somewhere between 3 — 10% glutamine while meat is composed of about 15% glutamine). This means that a high protein diet (400g/day) already provides me with about 40g of glutamine.

The major studies examining glutamine supplementation in otherwise healthy weightlifters have shown no effect. In the study by Candow et al (2001), 0.9g of supplemental glutamine/kg/day had no impact on muscle performance, body composition, and protein degradation. Folks, that's 90g per day for some lifters.
But when you get right down to it, the most important role of glutamine for athletes is gut health. If you're an athlete competing in endurance-based sports, glutamine may help prevent upper-respiratory infections. If you simply slam the iron, a few grams of glutamine isn't going to do squat.
Put simply, I don't know of a single study in humans that shows glutamine has anabolic or anti-catabolic properties that increase training adaptations during resistance exercise. That includes a terrific study from Canada in which subjects were given 45 grams of glutamine per day during a six-week training program. Compared to the placebo group, subjects consuming glutamine had no greater increases in strength (measured via squat, bench press, and knee-extension torque), body composition (lean mass determined via DEXA), or muscle-protein breakdown (determined via urinary 3-methylhistidine excretion).
So ultimately, my take on glutamine and weight training is this: If you're into micromanaging things, glutamine probably won't hurt your efforts in the gym. But it almost certainly won't help.

Last edited:
Associate

now I don't completely disagree with you, although the "400g protein a day part sounds a bit interesting". :D

I've never said that glutamine is the powder form of dianabol, in fact every part of your post might be more or less true. It doesn't have any magic anabolic properties nor does it make you grow instantly.

BUT absolutely no part of your post says anything about increased recovery rate, which is what glutamime is supposed to do.
And as a person who has tried it and felt it work, I will continue to use it and recommend it to those who want increased recovery.
I'm sure anyone can google a bajilion sites and quotes praising the effects of glutamine.:p

Soldato
How much do u lift on machine/freebar? How long u been training? How heavy are u?

For what exercises?

If you're on about leg exercises then the only one that would mean aything to anyone would be squatting.

last friday's were

2x20 60kg (warm ups)
1x20 100kg
2x12 120kg & 140kg
1x10 160kg

However my full leg routine is

Warm up.
3x12 leg exts
3x12 leg curls

Squatting
As above

Leg press
3x12 200kg, 240kg, 280kg
1x7 320kg

Leg curls
2x12
1x6

Leg exts
2x12
1x9

Sitting calf raises
3x15

I've been training just under 1 year, (started training 1st week last august.)

I'm 6'2 but not sure how much I weigh, was 15st a couple months ago

Wordy! Evidence of good training on the legs but weird imprint of a baby's face on your right knee-cap (facing) lol

oh yeah, thats a bit freaky :s

Man of Honour
OP
Nice squatting!!! Nice leg routine do you do that all on one day? How deep are your squats? If you're all the way down then you are my new idol as that's impressive. That's a lot of volume for squats alone - 94 reps!!!! Nice! :D

Back
Top Bottom