OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
I'm 6'2, and it is a pain, but my shoulders have really broadened out and my arms look quite big to the point where a lot of people to compliment me on it and they ask if I do weights

I'd imagine if I was 5'8 or something I'd look much more impressive :(

Man of Honour
OP
Indeed. 6ft is quite tall when looking at your average lifter, especially in my gym, but some of you lads 6'2- 6'5 + have got it rough.

I'm just about 6'1" (1.85m) and quite long limbed, so to get mass it takes effort especially whilst keeping lean! But 100kg for my height is acceptable. 1inch adds on average about 5lbs (bones, and tissue etc...) so by default anyone taller than you should be heavier than you - however as we all know this is seldom the case. I['m going to struggle to get to 17st but I think it's achieveable - but may require more determination/dedication than I can currently put into it.

If I was 5'8" and had the same physique in terms of strength and size, I'd look like Morba! :D

Soldato
I don't do benchpress but can do 80Kg. Last Wednesday I did dumbell press with 30kg, 28kg, 28kg, 28kg.

I can do 4 x 90kg bench (but I prefer dumbells still). I do 35kg or 32kg now so thats progress. I forgot that I was on 28kg at all, thats why this thread is good as a progress chart.

Man of Honour
OP
Definite progress made, looks like you've lost some fat on you and certainly haven't lost any bulk. Nicely done matey! What are your stats? and what are you after?

Keep it up - you're doing brilliantly! :cool:

Soldato
I'm 6'2, and it is a pain...

Damn right, especially in the beginning. Everyone else of more normal size who first starts out goes from normal looking to pretty beefy as the body adjusts and has the initial growth spurt where as us tall guys go from looking scrawny as hell to average and then it's just hard work for anything after that. :(

Man of Honour
OP
It's VERY rare for a guy 6'5 or over to be that heavy and in good condition, but just look what can be achieved...

http://bigdonsboys.com/bodybuilders/noah_steere/index.htm

Insane! :D

It is possible - but yeah probably not that easy. Though bear in mind that at 6'5" your basic weight should be around 13-15st. So yeah I exaggerated abit with 25st :p Though I went to school with Andrew Sheridan, and he was between 19-20st @ 6'5" at the time and looked phenomenal.

I'd be happy at 17st but it's going to take a while to get there.

Tom_e - looking good mate, fantastic and obvious progress made :cool:

dun

dun

Soldato
It is possible - but yeah probably not that easy. Though bear in mind that at 6'5" your basic weight should be around 13-15st. So yeah I exaggerated abit with 25st :p Though I went to school with Andrew Sheridan, and he was between 19-20st @ 6'5" at the time and looked phenomenal.

I'd be happy at 17st but it's going to take a while to get there.

Tom_e - looking good mate, fantastic and obvious progress made :cool:

Yea a chap at the gym is about the same height and 20st but not very good condition, but it still looks imposing :p

Tom_e: Great work so far, every pic you can see where its dropping off, keep going! :)

Soldato
Damn right, especially in the beginning. Everyone else of more normal size who first starts out goes from normal looking to pretty beefy as the body adjusts and has the initial growth spurt where as us tall guys go from looking scrawny as hell to average and then it's just hard work for anything after that. :(

Agreed, but when you're tall and you start broadening out the hard work is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom