OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
That be the Advanced GVT which you've been linked too which is probaly best. However I've been doing the 'original' GVT 10 sets of 10 reps mostly supersetted. However have had to change a few exercises/drop a few supersets due to my gym layout at home.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/german_volume_training

Intended for people who have been taking some 'special supplements'. But I've still made progress without the aid of them. Sorry to confuse you further!

It's hardcore. If your willing to lift lesser weights and not care what people think provided you put the effort in, you'll get the results out.

Soldato
Yeah I did AGVT, thought you did too.

AGVT is superior IMO if you're a natural trainer personally. :)

Yeah you are most likely right. However I fancied some balls to the wall hardcore sessions and had just made sense of it all! Like you said I can't even begin to imagine the gains if one was juicing.

I'm going to do two 6-8 week routines and then give AGVT a pop which should co-incide with a pick up in workload at Uni and free up some time too.

Need to plan these 2 routines at some point. I fancy working in a few exercises like farmers walk and walking round the dance hall at the gym clutching a 25 KG plate to my chest, perhaps lunging with it too. Lots of big compounds. And also wan't to do some 3x8 work. I'll write them over the next 2 weeks at work while the boss is away and post them up for a crit!

OT: couldn't reply to this thread at work due to 'PROFANITY!' according to the NHS Websurfer Secuirty software :p

EDIT: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

Hope that links okay to post here? If not feel free to remove.

Read that at work today whilst trying to fill sometime. Might give this a go at some point. What are your thoughts? Much more interesting than slugging it out on rower/tredmill/x-trainer.

Last edited:
Associate
EDIT: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

Hope that links okay to post here? If not feel free to remove.

Read that at work today whilst trying to fill sometime. Might give this a go at some point. What are your thoughts? Much more interesting than slugging it out on rower/tredmill/x-trainer.

I like the sound of that, only thing I would worry about is overtraining if you're performing similar weights exercises to those you would use to build muscle.

Soldato
I like the sound of that, only thing I would worry about is overtraining if you're performing similar weights exercises to those you would use to build muscle.

Yeah thats what I'm concerned about. I think the fact its such a low rep for each exercise with such a relatively light weight that it shouldn't particulary stress the muscles a great deal and primarily focuses on the cardiovascular system sending blood to about 9 different places in the space of a minute!

If it can increase metabolism it could prove to be quite a useful little tool. Quick too taking only 12 minutes.

Soldato
Something about that guy scares the **** out of me...

Massive achievement no doubt but I'm always admire the tiny guys who make a radical change rather than the obese ones. In my book its easy to not eat something than it is force feed yourself, plus like Makunouchi says it isn't all fat to begin with.
I beg to differ. Having been at both ends it's a lot more difficult controlling your diet. Especially when you do it for the first time. Psychologically it's a crazy minefield. Talking from experience.

img5088large.jpg

Put on fair whack of fat, (16lb mass gain) within 6 weeks. I'm currently hitting keto with ramadhan . . 16 hour fasts. Intend to cut then do a clean increase in calories.

I had pretty bad cravings for the first week and the lack of water whilst training is pretty difficult but just have to persevere.

dun

dun

Soldato
I beg to differ. Having been at both ends it's a lot more difficult controlling your diet. Especially when you do it for the first time. Psychologically it's a crazy minefield. Talking from experience.

Put on fair whack of fat, (16lb mass gain) within 6 weeks. I'm currently hitting keto with ramadhan . . 16 hour fasts. Intend to cut then do a clean increase in calories.

I had pretty bad cravings for the first week and the lack of water whilst training is pretty difficult but just have to persevere.

Yes mate, I'm talking about for me. I could drastically cut my calories without much mental effort, and I have never had a sweet tooth etc.
Looking great there mate. 16 hour fasts can't be good though :(

Man of Honour
OP
Not with heavy reverse curls and I wouldn't agree with it taking years;).

I don't do curls mate so that's probably why - but I'm not overly bothered about having big forearms specifically, if they got bigger I wouldn't mind, but they are notorious for being hard to get big - even the pro BBs struggle.

You're just a genetic freak :p

Soldato
You are going to like this!;)

photo0192h.jpg

photo0193.jpg

Gravesend Classic / Britain's Most Powerful man competitions Sunday 30th of August.

Got some bodybuilding pics can post if u like, not amazing quality due to it being a phone cam.

Are they drug tested/screened for naughties megatron?

Back
Top Bottom