OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
An update after 8 weeks of GVT with an 'alright diet' not as good as it is at University unfortunatley but have still seen good gains. Had a tough time this summer, when I wasn't at work I was with my dad for his last few months who unfortunatly died of cancer on the 20th. So sometimes found it hard to find the energy or motivation but I managed to find it.

I almost felt like giving up during my 8th shoulder and arm session. Not only is it physically exhausting but mentally challenging and its such a drain. Also extremely boring despite swaping a few exercises here and there. Not stuck entirely to 'traditional' GVT but have followed it about 85% in regards to format.

Not quite sure what I weigh at the moment as the scales in the bathroom give funny readings. weighed 14stone 4lbs at a friends the other day but I've a feeling its a tad more. I feel denser if that makes sense, physically :p

Chest varys between 45-46" cold/pumped.
Arms have crept up from 15 1/2" cold to 16", don't get much of pump on my arms, just get really veiny and go rock solid!
Thighs have gained an inch so now at 25" :) most of this has come from EPIC leg curls.
Calves are coming along creeping upto 16"
Forearms are at 13.5" still, but have beefed up loads towards my wrist and my grip has improved.

On the whole I'm a little leaner and I mean a little, but have managed to make some good gains considering my diet and a few nights outs here and there.

Done a few 10KM rows & 5.5km runs to feed my CV hunger and keep the ticker up to speed.

Anyway enough tongue waving. Let the pictures do the talking!

Most recent snaps from the past 2 weeks. Very naff leg shot I'm affraid! Will try and get some up soon! A couple of each part as one is never good enough, photos don't really do justice annnnnnyway!

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0310-1.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

bit pointless as its so small, hopefully you can see some quad deffinition.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

5 minutes direct bicep work and 5 minutes direct tricep work for the last 8 weeks not bad eh!

Resized them a tad too small, bummer.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
He hasn't got massive traps! :p

Looking good Benny :) Forearms are a bitch get bigger, it takes years and years and years to put on even an inch!

Legs are looking good too! Shoulders are looking well proportioned too.

Nice stats too!

Sorry to hear about your father's friend :( A credit to you for staying strong and carrying on.

Soldato
Looking great Benny, really well proportioned! That's the sort of size I want to aim for eventually. How tall are you by the way?

Thanks for the comments guys :) I'm about 5'10".

Cheating reps when your spending so much time and effort doing such slow reps and so many sets/supersets really doesn't happen. 2 more weeks and then I can change it up again!

IMG_0318.jpg

They're not massive, big enough for now :p

Shoulders have come on really well but still don't quite have the shape/width I'm after.

Nice to have found something that works! and freed up another 2/3 nights of my week!

Man of Honour
OP
I don't do it in weeks as each "week" is 10 days. I'm going to start my last 10 days on Thursday.

When I finish I'll go back to my usual routine before my holiday and then when I get back start it up again but vary the exercises. :)

Lots of gains made thanks to it - I actually feel I look bigger as well as being bigger which is great. :)

Soldato
I don't do it in weeks as each "week" is 10 days. I'm going to start my last 10 days on Thursday.

When I finish I'll go back to my usual routine before my holiday and then when I get back start it up again but vary the exercises. :)

Lots of gains made thanks to it - I actually feel I look bigger as well as being bigger which is great. :)

Ahh so you've got 6 lots of 10, just remembered its a 60 day routine.

Yeah I remember reading about it recruiting extra muscle fibres due to the sheer volume/fatigue. I've found that my point of stall/fail has been dramatically pushed back!

How have the DOMS been for you? Some of them were absolutley awful, even after stretching lots. Lasting for around 4 days on average. Especially in the calves/chest. Feels more like bruising than anything else! I've been a tad concerned about stress on tendons and injury in regards to the volume and obviously repetitive motions. What are you're thoughts?

Man of Honour
OP
No tendinitis or tendon issues for me. However doms for leg, chest/back days were immense. I never fully recover from doms, but it all feels amazing! :D

Yup it's a 60 day routine - it's great. Extra fatigue for sure, I've also been eating everything I see. It's made me very hungry! I'm so chuffed that my BF has gone down whilst size has increased a bit.

MY most recent pics were the strongman ones, I was about 3.5 "weeks" into it by then, maybe 4.

I'm looking forward to taking a break from it, but at the same time absolutely loving it.

Associate
Can you point me in the direction of something that explains GVT? I've ramped up my eating now summer is closing and already the lifting is getting easier again, let's give this hardcore thing a go!

Associate
Theres so many different techniques, each backed up by 'this works because of [scientific fact]' and they all contradict each other so much I don't know what to think. I've recently bought into the whole enducing hypertrophy and muscle growth by lifting heavy but only 2 sets worth because the yield decreases significantly with each set thereafter. Now GVT tells me to do 10 sets with a lighter weight!?

Also I tried some heavy negatives the other day which have left me with the most severe doms I've had in months, are these good or just a gimmick?

Man of Honour
OP
No negs are the most beneficial for size, concentrics are the most benefical for strength.

AGVT is 10 sets but it works. Volume works. end of. Intensity works, end of. Everything else works, but not as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom