OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Got in from training and thought I'd take some pics, Probably in the best shape of my life right now :) Bring on the fights!

Now I know why they call the Serratus the 'boxers muscle':
clipboard01md.jpg

clipboard02ex.jpg

clipboard05y.jpg

Was trying to do the pose Dun did here, but failed, quite hard to pull off actually!
clipboard03rq.jpg

clipboard04uh.jpg

Weight limits mate, weight limits :(

I'm slowly adding muscle as my fat comes down (not surface fat obviously, but the stuff I assume is still roudn the organs from my days of being a fatass), but it's a slow balancing act.

Yup :)

I actually got offered a fight for next week but turned it down as I didn't really think I was ready (been going for about 3 and half months), but it will definitely happen within the next 6 weeks! Got to get someone to film it so I can put it on here ^^

Makunouchi looking crazy lean there mate, really good :) I know you have a set goal to aim for with the boxing and it seems like you are certainly well on your way :D Not going to lose much more bf% though realistically you reckon?
The posing wasn't a fail either, if anything maybe tensing a little too hard :p Keep it up anyway mate!

Thanks guys, I still have difficulty admitting to myself that's me in those pictures, it's like my brain won't accept it and I'm still sitting here thinking I'm fat :rolleyes: Oh well, I guess that won't ever go away.
I don't reckon I can drop more than a few more pounds of fat no Dun, there's still definitely some on me, but I reckon because of my height I will have to give up trying to sneak into Welterweight (68Kgs limit), but I've still got 5 more weeks to go on the time limit I set myself and the weight is very slowly coming down so who knows.

But compared to some Lightweight boxers....:

610xqh.jpg

yeah mate if you put on a bit of mass to your arms and upper back you'd be an absolute monster.. especially if you kept that bf :eek:

Still, well impressive stuff. And yeah, you look very similar to that boxer. Easily as well defined, if not more given you can see it through blurry photos.

Time for some more homo-erotisism boys...

Been about a week or 2 now scince finishing GVT. And I have now adpoted a fullbody split 3 times a week. Consisting of 2 compounds per group and 1 or 2 isolation exercises if I feel the need. It's a bit more 'free' and I like it. I can walk in and choose what order I want to do which groups and exercises :)

I've mixed them up and am trying not to do the same compounds too often bar chins and squats. So i'll alternate between DB presses, bench, flyes, BB row, DB rows, chins, SLDL, Leg curls etc. To not only keep the body guessing but also keep me on my toes!

Think a week is a bit too soon to be saying wow this is really working. But I really think it is. FF touched on high frequency training. Effectively little and often and i'm really liking it. 3 sets of around 6-8 reps.

I've also cut back on carbs considerably (for me anyway) having removed 3-4 slices of bread from my diet per day, eating very little rice, pasta and potatoes. Lots of salad with lots of chicken, tuna, salmon etc instead of sandwiches. I also halved the portion of dry cereal I eat at my desk during the day. I didn't want a massive calorie drop but just a little. Combined with the 3 cardio sessions a week it seems to be working well in my eyes. My abs are more visible and more shape and definition is apparent to me. As with lower bodyfat you appear bigger so think this fancy trickery might have a part to play!

Here they are. Back shots keep coming out quite poorly. I'll try turning slightly and head on doesn't really show much. Legs are leaner but no bigger, probaly a little smaller with less fat inside the tape.

EDIT: photos up in 10.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

No rear lat spread I'm affraid but a front view...
IMG_0500.jpg

That red mark on my left(the right) sneaking out of my arm pit is a sneaky stretch marks that's shooting its way accros my chest. I have these in both arm-pits/front -shoulder/top bicep. Stretching over 4"!
IMG_0499.jpg

Not quite sure what this pose is! Changed my mind half way through! Friendly bicep vein.
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Bit of a disappoing back shot.
My lower inner chest is really coming on. As are my side delts. I've been making a conscious effort to hit my inner and upper chest in general but think it will take some time. Don't worry I'm not neglecting it there just isn't a lot there and we all know photo's aren't kind! Also been finishing with diamond press-ups with a 10KG plate on my back. Have also recently found a new love for reverse BB curls :)

Comments and thoughts welcome!

Last edited:
Think I'm, a bit young to post pics, but I have been trying to hit the gym, my pecs are a lot bigger and just about show up under my shirt, one or two of my mates have commented :)

My BF is too high though so my abs don't really show up :(

Benny don't be disappointed by your back shots they're not that bad! Do you do a lot of wide grip pull ups and lat pull downs both close and wide?

Benny don't be disappointed by your back shots they're not that bad! Do you do a lot of wide grip pull ups and lat pull downs both close and wide?

Yup. Used to do a lot of wide grip pull downs and close grip chins, and also with my hands on the bends of the bar to get a good forearm pump. Lots of rows too.

More recently actually doing widegrip pull ups due to lack of a decent pull down machine which is probaly good as widegrip pull ups will recruit a little more mass than pull down.

My upper inner back looks a little lacking, however there is a lot of trap there! (see my previous pics) I think it's just the angle and lighting of the photographs. I'm happy with the width of my lats at current up top. Lower needs a bit of work. Lower bodyfat will aid this as a lot of my mass is still hidden by bodyfat unfortunatley!

your lats have a lot of mass thats for sure from the back shots. How do you feel about silly amounts of weight as in 200+ kilos on lat pull downs ie wide grip and close grip, obviously you may have to weigh yourself down a bit with a dipping belt. Or another option weighted wide grip pull ups that would whack some more inches on.

Back
Top Bottom