OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
your lats have a lot of mass thats for sure from the back shots. How do you feel about silly amounts of weight as in 200+ kilos on lat pull downs ie wide grip and close grip, obviously you may have to weigh yourself down a bit with a dipping belt. Or another option weighted wide grip pull ups that would whack some more inches on.

200KG's?!:eek: oooo errrr!

I think weight pull ups would be the better option! I normally tend to need pulling down under the rollers of the lat pull-down when I go heavy, above body weight.

I can really feel the widegrip pull ups working. Chest out, working on a good squeeeeeze. So shall see how these help. Next step would be shrug downs if you're familiar. I haven't a hope in hell of getting a 200KG pull down! We're not all monsters :p

Soldato
200KG's?!:eek: oooo errrr!

I think weight pull ups would be the better option! I normally tend to need pulling down under the rollers of the lat pull-down when I go heavy, above body weight.

I can really feel the widegrip pull ups working. Chest out, working on a good squeeeeeze. So shall see how these help. Next step would be shrug downs if you're familiar. I haven't a hope in hell of getting a 200KG pull down! We're not all monsters :p

Try 320-360kg the joys of a home gym:p, sorry what are shrug downs thats a new one on me:confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Try 320-360kg the joys of a home gym:p, sorry what are shrug downs thats a knew one on me:confused:

You sir, belong on show :p

I've never tried them. I read about them somewhere.

Basically you load up with much more than your capable of actually repping. Use wraps and secure your hands to the bar. Get yourself anchored, stretch right up and then pull your shoulders and lats down, without bending your arms. There's not a massive ROM but its all back/shoulders recruited.

Supposed to really isolate the lats, but I read about it not being great for the rotator cuffs. And mine have a tendancy to be a bit on the weak side. Well they were and I'm a little scared of trying it to be honnest!

You can do these just hanging on a pull up bar, just contracting your back/shoulder blades down and together. Not sure how good they are for you.

Soldato
I just had a little look on Google and couldn't find nothing on shrug downs, sounds a little bizarre to me:).

Yeah I had a quick google and can't find anything either. Don't ask me where I saw it! I suppose it similar to doing rack pulls for deadlifts. Same sort of theory.

I might give it a try sometime. Could even add weight by using a dipping belt! Why don't you hand your olympic bar with a million KG's from your waist while you do them :p

edit: googled a bit harder:
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sour...&meta=&aq=f&oq=shrugdowns&fp=d201e90ebf28d963

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think he likes a little ***** or two in his bum?

post17321198913913thumb.jpg

Still very impressive!

Last edited:
Soldato
Several probaly. All at once.

However I can see that being highly impractical day to day obviously. I quite enjoy the half an hour or so of pump after a session that makes eating or doing anything difficult. But I don't think I could live with it 24/7. Let alone 100 times worse.

Insanely impressive though.

I don't think bodybuilding to those extremes, regardless of gear, is appreciated and as a result hard work discredited because of it. Yes it isn't all natural or technically just 'hard work'. But until you've actually tried something yourself you don't realise how hard it is.

The majority of people that see such images and think 'if I took X,Y,Z I could be that big. When the reality of it is that they couldn't.

Anyway back on topic. Reminds me of walking into the local fitspace in Lincoln!:p

Man of Honour
OP
Benny don#t be disappointed - lats are hard to "get out". You're looking a lot stockier :)

I may post some pics after I Get back from holiday, or when I've got myself back from my holiday debauchery. I've put on 1/2 a stone since my last pics - though no different than my strongman pics really.

Permabanned
Thats what i weigh now. 16st 4. Used to train quite a bit but have not done so for ages. Too may aching joints after years of throwing weights around!! lol. Going to grow old gracefully now!!

Back
Top Bottom