• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Intel Raptor Lake review thread

I dont get why add 8 e cores to the 13600k they dont do anything for gaming and not sure people who buy at the tier are buying mainly for productivity, I rather have less e cores and lower price

For one they exist as a cheaper way to keep up with MT performance, and for sure in that sense it works.

But its also a way to push pricing up at the lower end, just having a good gaming CPU without the benefits of MT workloads is not as profitable as saying "forget about all that, pay more and we will give you some useless half cores to make you feel like you're still getting good value"

I'm sick and tired of seeing people falling for these stunts over and over again, i'm about ready to take a deep breath and resigning my self to watching these things get ever more expensive for no benefit, its like pushing against a gigantic tilde wave of brainwash. I'm tired.

Turn resolution down, make it a thing, give it a feature name and charge more for it, bingo $400 GPU is now $900
Intel: oh so that worked.....

Last edited:
For one they exist as a cheaper way to keep up with MT performance, and for sure in that sense it works.

But its also a way to push pricing up at the lower end, just having a good gaming CPU without the benefits of MT workloads is not as profitable as saying "forget about all that, pay more and we will give you some useless half cores to make you feel like you're still getting good value"

I'm sick and tired of seeing people falling for these stunts over and over again, i'm about ready to take a deep breath and resigning my self to watching these things get ever more expensive for no benefit, its like pushing against a gigantic tilde wave of brainwash. I'm tired.

Turn resolution down, make it a thing, give it a feature name and charge more for it

What drives me up the wall is neither is giving something that makes you think this is by far the better product and priced

7600x is cheaper but still too high , if intel matched the price no doubt which would grab my attention what would be even better is take some e cores off and make it cheaper and be far be the better option

Last edited:
I don’t watch/follow hardware unboxed, don’t like they way the conduct themselves on occasion, especially with other YouTubers

Never noticed that
I like them they even showed how some companies try to get them to do favourable reviews and end up buying the products instead to do reviews and especially after Nvidia and the backing of other channels it's one of the main ones I watch

Last edited:
What drives me up the wall is neither is giving something that makes you think this is by far the better product and priced

7600x is cheaper but still too high , if intel matched the price no doubt which would grab my attention what would be even better is take some e cores off and make it cheaper and be far be the better option

You can get a 5600, 16GB of ram and a motherboard for around the price of a 12600KF, a 13600KF or a 7600X alone and that CPU is as good today as it was the day it was launched.

Now watch tech journalists give this near £400 imposter a great big thumbs up, because Intel put E Cores on it and that's equivalent to DLSS you know.

Last edited:
Never noticed that
I like them they even showed how some companies try to get them to do favourable reviews and end up buying the products instead to do reviews and especially after Nvidia and the backing of other channels it's one of the main ones I watch
For me that’s when it started, they got a raw deal from Nvidia no doubt and as you say a lot of the community sprung to their defence but they seem to have turned on some of those same channels and bit the hand of friendship.

Because of that some of those guys are stand off-ish with them, but now hardware unboxed are playing the victims again. So whilst I don’t doubt the NVIDIA saga was really, I think they have gotten used to the attention and play the victims.

I have no doubt people will disagree with me over this but for me, I just can’t watch their content any more sadly

For me that’s when it started, they got a raw deal from Nvidia no doubt and as you say a lot of the community sprung to their defence but they seem to have turned on some of those same channels and bit the hand of friendship.

Because of that some of those guys are stand off-ish with them, but now hardware unboxed are playing the victims again. So whilst I don’t doubt the NVIDIA saga was really, I think they have gotten used to the attention and play the victims.

I have no doubt people will disagree with me over this but for me, I just can’t watch their content any more sadly

The pair of them strike me as the types of people who call themselves liberals on Twitter.

That's a shame I don't see anyone else that does average benchmark over vast number of games which I find very interesting

Guess reviewers do not care about power consumption, nobody will be overclocking because they are thermal reactors even at stock. Next gen a 400w cpu will become a normality, geez.

I am not going to get into finger pointing just for someone to tell me how wrong I am as this is the internet, but it shouldn’t be too hard to find. I was merely highlighted why I personally don’t follow them

Looking at the trajectory Intel and Nvidia are on with upping power consumption to get the win tells me one thing... AMD are on course to overtake both of them unless they can get it in hand. They must be close to the limit for consumer chips.

Back
Top Bottom