Votes: 6 37.5%
  • May 16th

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • May 17th

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
We didn't take any pics which is a shame.

Grudas wore his tank top proudly and didn't find the hills too bad. We think he was just imagining himself doing one-legged squats the whole way up!:D

We also saw the gun show when he pumped up his tube after getting a puncture. MAX PSI with a mini-pump. :p

Soldato
The weather today was much better than forecast.

A very enjoyable and entertaining ride today. Good to put faces to names.

And grudas put his money where is mouth is, well impressed.:D

lol.. thanks! didn't expect to get that far as I've said so I kinda surprised my self in a way!

my garmin crash corrupted the track data too.. boo! at least avg speed on garmin connect looks correct -;

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/777245100

strava is off tho, due to the crash I guess?!

https://www.strava.com/activities/306503405

anyway! totally the longest ride I've done, with the most climbing and it was good fun! :) good to meet up with you lot for a ride, well impressed with shamrocks speed up box hill :o

we should have taken some pics! :o

Last edited:
Associate
Glad you all had fun, awaiting some reports/commentary of the ride! :p

We met up in Richmond Park. Shamrock set off at 20+ mph and did his best not to drop the pace for 5 hours in the saddle.

James got lost, grudas got a puncture, I got sunburn, Alex's saddlebag fell off and got run over turning his iPhone into a pringle.

I knew I was in trouble when grudas went past me on the hairpin at the top of Coombe Bottom muttering 'keep pushing'. Clearly he had the measure of the hills and clearly I need to get out in them more. We were supposed to do an extra 10km loop so we would climb Crocknorth, but James and I were toast at this point so we just trundled on to Box and then home at a reasonable pace.

Good day out.

I need to hit Leith and Whitedown some more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I see Shamrock average 16.7mph for the whole thing, which is good going for a solid 5 hours... Did you break for lunch somewhere? I'm guessing there was a decent break at some point as total time is 8 hours vs 5 hours moving.

Associate
We stopped a few times. Twice for folks getting lost once for the phone incident,and a decent stop at Box Hill for grudas to eat half a chocolate gateau and so James could have an ice-cream.

Shamrock stopped more than most so everyone could catch up.

Soldato
James/shoosh managed to miss a couple of turns. He ended up descending two miles down a hill and having to climb back up it again!:p

that was quite funny.. unplanned munchie breaks!

We met up in Richmond Park. Shamrock set off at 20+ mph and did his best not to drop the pace for 5 hours in the saddle.

James got lost, grudas got a puncture, I got sunburn, Alex's saddlebag fell off and got run over turning his iPhone into a pringle.

I knew I was in trouble when grudas went past me on the hairpin at the top of Coombe Bottom muttering 'keep pushing'. Clearly he had the measure of the hills and clearly I need to get out in them more. We were supposed to do an extra 10km loop so we would climb Crocknorth, but James and I were toast at this point so we just trundled on to Box and then home at a reasonable pace.

Good day out.

I need to hit Leith and Whitedown some more.

I just HAD to rub it in.. :D:D

I see Shamrock average 16.7mph for the whole thing, which is good going for a solid 5 hours... Did you break for lunch somewhere? I'm guessing there was a decent break at some point as total time is 8 hours vs 5 hours moving.

we both checked our garmins with Shamrock back at RP and we both sat at 17.1! lost some in traffic..

my strava is completely off due to garmin cackup but I ended up at 16.9 which is way better than I expected! pace was quite good too! :)

Back
Top Bottom