OcUK Minecraft Server - Rules & Chat

Soldato
OP
If people keep arguing i'm going to start dishing out bans, this is a friendly server. Attempt to resolve the issue yourselves first and get me involved as a last resort only.

If people can't follow that then yes when the server is up for renewal i'll have to consider if i'll want to do so.

Soldato
OP
My personal opinion is:

Close and not matching style of your building = bad mmkay
Close and absolutely massive, thereby dwarfing your building = bad mmkay
Building above or under your building = very bad mmkay

willhub, if the other building was there first can you cut down the size of your building one way and extend it another?

Soldato
OP
1. so through your logic there, does that mean small buildings close to your building is ok?

2. what is close? willhub thinks 15 blocks is fine.

If a small building was nearby and not in a planned construction are I'd be fine with it personally.

Close is a relative thing, what's close to one isn't for another. How does 30 blocks sound?

Soldato
OP
Are we going to have a rule put in that everything has to look good too? Not that I agree with it.

will, you are building a massive box for a mob spawner. Common courtesy would suggest that putting it well away from everyone else/spawn would be sensible, everyone else seems to have managed just fine. Download the cartograph from the website and have a look!

Soldato
OP
Yeah car to is from Monday I think. Will do a new one soon, it takes a while as the world files I have to download are 200mb and then generating the map takes a long time.

Half finished building in spawn was mine, was just trying to duplicate the mayors building but ran out of time. Feel free to finish, I was just mirroring the mayors office the 2 rizos built.

Soldato
OP
Right, what is all this?

To be fair, it does annoy me people treat this game like real life, as in, they think it's real.

This is getting complex, big ugly structures need to be far away, fine.

But now you are not allowed to enter a building built by someone and then they start freaking out, all I'm doing is standing there.

This is really stupid.

To be fair though willhub, quite a few people have had stuff go missing from chests so it's understandable people don't want other people messing around in their stuff.

Soldato
OP
will you should be able to get into your building at the new location now

rizo what did you use to compress the image?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
there's a new carto on the server from about 6pm today.

willhub, no easy way to remove it. Afraid you'll need to just block up the source and redo. Sorry.

Soldato
OP
Seee you people didn't believe me about the chickens!!!

windle any kind of estimate on when bbhere will be fixed?

Depends what happens. hey0 has discontinued his mod, so we'll need to see what bukkit is like.

Also, i spy a massive deposit of clay on the new carto :) ;)

clayf.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Windle, any chance we could give Tectonicus a try for making a server map. I've got no idea how CPU-intensive it will be on the server but it output a high-res map using the Googlemap API which seems perfect. Could then be embedded on the website.

We're so not going to use it, I started running it last night at half past midnight, it's still going!

Soldato
OP
willhub, I told you last night to stop winding people up.

jmiller, don't react to it and carry on the argument.

I told both of you last night to cut the arguments.

Both of you are temp banned until Tuesday, I can't be bothered dealing with it anymore. If/when you return, if it carries on it'll just be a straight ban.

Soldato
OP
That is VERY poorly judged, Rad, considering Maxi and furburger were the ones baiting will (whether it was for a laugh or not). I just want to play the damn game and have fun. none of this ******. I should remind you it wasnt me and will you told to stop arguing last night, it was tostring and will. I wasnt involved other than posting here asking you to sort this out as I was fed up with it. People then complained about me posting here, too.

Can't win this one can I ?

And neither can I, i'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I don't have time to go through the logs because they are massive. All I know is people tell me you guys were arguing, nobody can prove anything. It's nothing personal j, but I've had enough of the arguments. On the moderation side, sure it'd be nice but who can I trust to be impartial and what powers should they have? Most of the players are closer/get on better with specific players so it's likely there will be a bias in the case of any disagreement.

I'll hope you'll accept the temp ban and come back as I do think your a good player to have on the server but the arguments stop now, for everyone.

Soldato
OP
if ver, tefal and maxi are up for being moderators I'm happy with that. Initially it'll just be a case of keeping on top of players and letting me know, other time I'll gradually add on other powers.

Send me a trust email if you want to be mods please.

j, likewise I think you should come back. The ban will be lifted on Sunday rather than tuesday as it is a bit extreme.

On another note, Minecart Mania! is functional :)

Soldato
OP
agreed on Syl also, and they only reason i didnt suggest syl is that he doesnt spend as much time on the server as the other guys (no offence intended to anybody there :p). That and i dont know what size team you want. He is another great choice.

Glad to see MM works now, that is going to make a massive difference. I've only got one suggestion: I dont know if this is currently possible, but i know MM has some sort of config file. If possible, can you change the booster blocks to something more readily available? I believe MM could be a huge part of the server, but having to use gold blacks for boosters does cripple it somewhat. I know you can use gold ore as well, but they only boost 25%. if it could be changed to say, iron blocks / ore, it would make things so much easier for everybody. I do think gold is unreasonably difficult to get hold of when the boosters play such a vital part of the MM system. That's all i can think of :)

I'd be fine with sylvet as well, like I say if var, tefal, maxi and sylvet email my trust we'll get it sorted out.

Regards gold, I don't think it's too bad as most players have a stockpile now and 3 gold blocks literally gives infinite boost. However i'll have a muse over it.

Back
Top Bottom