OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

One thing I can suggest people bring - Insect repellant!

I've not been bothered by midges before at Glentress, but I got absolutely eaten alive at Hamsterly forest on Tuesday night. Counting 50-60 bites on each leg, just behind and around the knee area where my armour left exposed skin. I've about 20 bites on each arm as well, and they've been annoying the life out of me since yesterday afternoon!

Oh, and is anyone bothered if a couple of non-OcUK'ers join us for Sundays' Innerleithen ride? I've a couple of mates from north of there that would like to come along, at least 1 of them hasn't ridden Innerleithen before :)

Insect repellant is a very good idea, I'll grab some today!

No issue for non-OcUKers going for me mate.

Very wet there today (****ed it down for 3 hours) but place running well.

Good session with Ridelines training course (on how to jump!).

One very large hole in my shin from a pedal slip (superstar nano's are lethal). But whet the appetite for Saturday!

Right should be en route in about 20 mins, takes about an hour to get there, although i've got an enepected detour on the way. Which means i'll be arriving around 10:30, hope you don't leave without me! :p I'll be riding a white Cannondale Prophet and driving a silver Clio, if you're watching out for me :) See you all soon!

Bummers phone is being mega gay, I'm at spooky wood now, waited around.buzzards best before about 10:35 couldn't see anyone, or large groups... I guess another time!

Couldn' t see any phone numbers either, no worries though :)

cracking day out today - very enjoyable and leisurely pace. Good to see everyone again.

Apologies I couldn't stay later for the bike part etc but had to get home.

Will stick up a couple of pictures later on.

Back
Top Bottom