OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

Associate
I'm going to try to show face at this at somepoint over the weekend. I have a stag do thing to go to on Saturday, which happens to involve the GoApe at GT, and I'll try to wangle the Sunday off work too.

Soldato
Thanks for the offer. I have a hard tail as my current bike which is orange. Unfortunately this meet has come at the wrong time. I would love to come on the next one.

Soldato
Wahey, I think I'll have a go at this, I'm in Edinburgh, and shouuuuld have the weekend free, no need for accom obvs I'll just drive over and meet you guys there at whatever pre-defined time. Shall be arriving on my Franken'dale Prophet, hopefully fit enough to keep up with you all, can't wait until we hit the freeride park and I break something... :D

Anyway count me in, hopefully on both (maybe all three) days, at which point I might think about staying a night (heavy in petrol back and forth with my Clio 172). Hmmmmm

Also is anyone adverse to me bringing a girl along who is all but getting into biking? I took her round the full red loop the other week on a hired hardtail, and she's more than capable of getting round, and more than fit enough getting up and down, and brave enough to have some fun. She's just new and technically inexperienced. Don't wanna feel like i'd be holding people up at all...

Soldato
Wahey, I think I'll have a go at this, I'm in Edinburgh, and shouuuuld have the weekend free, no need for accom obvs I'll just drive over and meet you guys there at whatever pre-defined time. Shall be arriving on my Franken'dale Prophet, hopefully fit enough to keep up with you all, can't wait until we hit the freeride park and I break something... :D

Anyway count me in, hopefully on both (maybe all three) days, at which point I might think about staying a night (heavy in petrol back and forth with my Clio 172). Hmmmmm

Also is anyone adverse to me bringing a girl along who is all but getting into biking? I took her round the full red loop the other week on a hired hardtail, and she's more than capable of getting round, and more than fit enough getting up and down, and brave enough to have some fun. She's just new and technically inexperienced. Don't wanna feel like i'd be holding people up at all...

1: If you can't keep up, I can only assume it's because a wheel has fallen off or some such, because I for one climb at the slowest pace possible. :p

2: Bring her mate, she can't be any worse than me. And even if she is, it's all about having fun. :)

Soldato
My frame is in the country! Yaaaaay. I was getting nervous after it went off the radar for 6 days. It may get to me in time for the meet after all. If not I'm going to hire one for the Saturday and possibly the Friday we get there. Potentially no Inners for me but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
My frame is in the country! Yaaaaay. I was getting nervous after it went off the radar for 6 days. It may get to me in time for the meet after all. If not I'm going to hire one for the Saturday and possibly the Friday we get there. Potentially no Inners for me but it's better than nothing.

I hope it get's to you on time! :D

Soldato

I feel your pain - due to another total **** up by on-one I need to go and pick up my own delivery as they won't change the address to mine!

Hopefully pick up today and get it rebuilt tomorrow. Fitness or lack off with 3 weeks off the bike is going to be a struggle on saturday!!:p

Soldato
I hear ya, I've not ridden a bike for over 5 weeks now, it's really frustrating because for once in my life I was feeling really fit and keeping up with the quick guys in my local group. I don't think our time off will be much disadvantage though :D :D

Soldato
Well bike is back - replacement seat stay fitted (not an original one as the replacement is just plain gloss black with no decals)

But heyho - need to set bike back up again but should be good. Heading to GT for a coaching course on Thursday so will let you know what it's running like.

Back
Top Bottom