OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

Man of Honour
OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS WIGWAMS NOW RE-BOOKED FOR 28-30th JUNE 2013

Another year so another trip is in order with a similar plan as last time... Most people arrived on the Friday last time to get a full weekend of riding.

Friday dependent on what time people arrive an afternoon on the Blue and bike park.

Saturday morning Glentress red then an afternoon of fun on the bike park.

Sunday we head over to Innerleithen for the usual Minch Moor descent.

Anyone planning to come for the whole weekend I recommend that you arrive on the Friday.

I propose we use the same accommodation as last time http://www.glentressforestlodges.co.uk/

Glentress Forest Lodge Wigwams are the ultimate in camping cabins, ideal low cost accommodation units, which offer comfortable outdoor living for up to 5 persons on the doorstep of Glentress Forest and a great alternative to camping under canvas.

Two wigwams booked and filling fast!

*this information is correct at the time of posting and is subject to change

20110417-ncjxdkesidudqyd4wf4acgkk72.jpg

Wigwams:
Ichabod Crane + 1
Andeluncheon
CasKirensys
Peescott + 1
Matt_fsr
Varial + 1 (Spaces now taken - pending payment)

Attendees: Saturday meet at the wigwams for 10am, Sunday at inners carpark for 10am.
Booyaka
Meths
Kieranv
Jonny///M
Robj20
LeperousDust + 1

Interest:
Begbie
Shauncr91
Supercrow
CraigN
Baj
ROB75

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I might drive down for the Friday if there will be a group interested in the blue run.

I've only been out on my hardtail once and have never been near a purpose built track so need broken in gently.

Saturday would be the best day to come along too for a day ride, you can do as much or as little as you want and the pace will be leisurely.

Man of Honour
OP
Interested in this, im from Scarborough so not sure what your travel plans would be Ichabod Crane but i drive a berlingo van with plenty room for 2 bikes in the back if your interested in sharing the petrol cost? :)

I am sure something could be worked out, but I will more than likely need to travel up in my car, the wife has allowed me to go but I have to be on call should there be an emergency as it will only be 7 weeks till d-day!

Man of Honour
OP
Update: I will be booking two wigwams this weekend which will accommodate 5 persons in each, it would appear that the Wigwam prices have risen since last year and the cost per person will be £34 (an increase from £30 on last year if I recall) each for the two nights. I will confirm this shortly when I have booked the Wigwams and begin to fill places.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
UPDATE:

Two Wigwams are now booked from the 5th to the 7th April, so there are 9 spaces to be filled. If you are wanting a space in the Wigwams please email me in trust to make payment and book your place.

The cost to stay in the wigwams is £33.60

Man of Honour
OP
Really tempted by this, especially after seeing a few videos of the Minch Moor Descent and such like.

None of my mates fancy it though so I'd have to slope all the way north on my own. Is there still one wigwam spot remaining?

Yes still one wigwam space remaining.

My brother is wanting to come, and was going to catch the train down there, and ride out to Glentress - But on the sunday is there any chance someone could give him a ride over to Innerleithen, if it was needed?

Shouldn't be a problem plenty of people will be driving over to Inners on the Sunday.

Man of Honour
OP
I have spoken with the guy who runs the wigwams today and he has said that it is slowly beginning to thaw out and they still have a lot of people out riding, the only ones who have struggled are people attempting the full black as it gets deep at the back half.

So long as they don't get another deluge this week, which looking at the weather report won't happen a lot of the snow should clear for the weekend, he is going to call me with an update on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom