OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

That did remind me to get my knee pads out actually.. I very rarely actually wear them as they hurt my knees, but better to have them in case.

I'm definitely just coming down for the Saturday now. I'll aim to get down for about 10am the same as booyaka.

Will there be enough parking for everyone near the wigwams or should we head to some other car park?

Oh, and could someone please pm me their mobile number so I can get in touch if I can't find anyone?

Edit: There's a spare seat in my car if anyone needs a lift from the Glasgow/Hamilton area but we'll need to fling the bikes in the back and on top of each other as I don't have a rack. Should be fine with a couple of rugs in between them.

Last edited:
I'm definitely just coming down for the Saturday now. I'll aim to get down for about 10am the same as booyaka.

Will there be enough parking for everyone near the wigwams or should we head to some other car park?

Oh, and could someone please pm me their mobile number so I can get in touch if I can't find anyone?

Edit: There's a spare seat in my car if anyone needs a lift from the Glasgow/Hamilton area but we'll need to fling the bikes in the back and on top of each other as I don't have a rack. Should be fine with a couple of rugs in between them.

There is also a car park by the visitor centre, I will send you my mobile number by trust.

What's Inners like compared to GT? I wasn't here for the sunday riding.

It has a lot more of a natural feel than GT, it's not really a trail centre after all, bigish climb at the start then some good single track (razor rock!!!) and a wicked descent at the end with some brilliant views at the top, really a bit of everything, it usually takes us 2-3hrs at the very leisurely pace.

It has a lot more of a natural feel than GT, it's not really a trail centre after all, bigish climb at the start then some good single track (razor rock!!!) and a wicked descent at the end with some brilliant views at the top, really a bit of everything, it usually takes us 2-3hrs at the very leisurely pace.

What kind of distance is it? I just know I'm going to struggle terribly, not had any kind of consistent distance since early January :/

I may head down on the Sunday too as I'd have just been paid and can 'waste' fuel.

Not sure I fancy inners with my current gear setup though :(

Meths you're from Hamilton too then?

Right, soooo it's just me,I totally forgot she's of home to Ireland this weekend + some! What's the final plan then? What times am I driving through, and where are we meeting (wigwams I assume?).

I've technically swung Friday off, but work are kinda pressuring me into going in of Friday instead since they kinda need me... If its a lazy afternoon start on the Blue and mostly waiting for people to arrive I might give Friday a miss, and just do the big Sat & Sun. Again what kinda plan do you have set out for these, checked the first post, but it's vague at best :p. Just so I can drive from Edinburgh and get there in time to join in!

Anyone needing a lift from Edinburgh and wants to share petrol I'm your man, I only have one roof rack bike thule 591, but if you can provide a roof bike holder of some sort theres enough room on the top of the car! :)

On the friday people just have an easy run round the blue or 2, some of them went on the bike park I think (I didn't as those things scare me! :p).

Saturday we do the GT Red (a group went and did something else, like double the distance, but not sure what they actually did) and then on Sunday it will be Inners - Which I can't comment on, as I wasn't here for last year. :p

Ok i'll skip Friday I guess for the sake of keeping work happy and not wasting petrol for a jaunt around the blue it's fine. Saturday sounds grand, and you probably mean the Black route, which i'd be up for doing as well (I don't mean both red and black, i'm not some kind of masochist...) :) Anyway I am definitely off to work now, so as long as someone updates a start time & place for Sat/Sun here, I'll check tonight/tomorrow so I'm ready on Sat.

Cheers!

Ok i'll skip Friday I guess for the sake of keeping work happy and not wasting petrol for a jaunt around the blue it's fine. Saturday sounds grand, and you probably mean the Black route, which i'd be up for doing as well (I don't mean both red and black, i'm not some kind of masochist...) :) Anyway I am definitely off to work now, so as long as someone updates a start time & place for Sat/Sun here, I'll check tonight/tomorrow so I'm ready on Sat.

Cheers!

No we did the Red, but Andelusion (I think) wanted to do something extra, so we added some of the black into it as well. But tbh, I don't know what was happening - I was just following, hoping I didn't fall off. :o

Cheers!

Saturday meet at 10am at the wigwams, we will then work out groups and routes for the da. Sunday meet at 10am again, at the inners car park for a big group ride.

One thing I can suggest people bring - Insect repellant!

I've not been bothered by midges before at Glentress, but I got absolutely eaten alive at Hamsterly forest on Tuesday night. Counting 50-60 bites on each leg, just behind and around the knee area where my armour left exposed skin. I've about 20 bites on each arm as well, and they've been annoying the life out of me since yesterday afternoon!

Oh, and is anyone bothered if a couple of non-OcUK'ers join us for Sundays' Innerleithen ride? I've a couple of mates from north of there that would like to come along, at least 1 of them hasn't ridden Innerleithen before :)

Back
Top Bottom