OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

Soldato
:( those that don't come could always arrange a trip later in the year. Its just not worth the trip to only do bits and in such crap conditions. I might give Gisburn ago on Friday instead.

Soldato
I don't think Llandegla is much better.

"Unfortunately there is still way too much snow to be able to ride your bikes up here Im afraid, but don’t let that put you off, you can still have an awesome time, playing in the snow instead."

That was Monday.

Edit: This from today.

"Whilst it is currently unlikely that we will be able to open our mountain bike trails for this weekend, due to snow, if you are interested in purchasing a new Santa Cruz bike, then Coed Llandegla is still the place to be."

Associate
Well this sucks! Guessing we can't get refunded on the wigwams either! Me and my mate might end up skipping coming if its just gonna be a snow out. :(

Soldato
Update:

I've just spoken to ItchyballsCrane, he's spoken to the Wigwam fella who has said we can reschedule the booking for no extra charge. It's looking like this is the best option due to the obvious amount of snow and amount of people who've said they don't want to come, it'd be shame for all of us to waste the time/money going there to have a rubbish weekend with some people missing out completely.

Early July has been suggested as a good rebook, the snow should be gone by then ( :p ). How does this suit everyone? Ichabod will be along shortly to add any more info.

EDIT: On a more positive note does anyone fancy meeting up at Gisburn or Dalby on Friday for a bit of a group ride? A quick look on youtube vids/facebook page suggests there's not much snow at Gisburn, plus there are some newly opened sections to try out. Afaik Dalby has somehow escaped the snow. Saturday could be a possibility but if enough have got time off for Friday then we might have the place to ourselves.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Right all as per the above post from Andeluncheon we have the opportunity to reschedule the wigwam dates and I have proposed the dates of 5th-7th July - The wigwam man will confirm this availability to me tomorrow.

I will be going Dalby on Saturday as we have no snow and sunshine!

Man of Honour
OP
WIGWAMS RE-BOOKED

Right all as per the above post from Andeluncheon we have the opportunity to reschedule the wigwam dates and I have proposed the dates of 5th-7th July - The wigwam man will confirm this availability to me tomorrow.

JUST TO CONFIRM THE WIGWAMS HAVE NOW BEEN RE-BOOKED FOR THE 28th-30th JUNE. Update your diary's.

Soldato
Typical, my holidays run july to june and i dont have any days left this year. At least they let you guysthat had booked change the date.

Soldato
Have to see, going to ask if i can use a day from next year. If not might come early saturday morning for the saturday and sunday.

Soldato
EDIT: On a more positive note does anyone fancy meeting up at Gisburn or Dalby on Friday for a bit of a group ride? A quick look on youtube vids/facebook page suggests there's not much snow at Gisburn, plus there are some newly opened sections to try out. Afaik Dalby has somehow escaped the snow. Saturday could be a possibility but if enough have got time off for Friday then we might have the place to ourselves.

I'll not be going Friday, even if I could get a lift, I've just organised with some mates to go Paintballing on Friday.

JUST TO CONFIRM THE WIGWAMS HAVE NOW BEEN RE-BOOKED FOR THE 28th-30th JUNE. Update your diary's.

Those days are absolutely fine by me, if Andelusion will still be able to give me a lift from Huddersfield?

Edit: I just realised I'm planning to be there 20/21/22 of august as well, at least I won't get too lost. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any chance of getting money back and making the two spaces available for others as me and my mate can't make the new date :( absolutely gutted I been hyped up for ages about it and now I don't have an excuse to be dressed as part of the vontrap family for a 60th

Back
Top Bottom