OcUK MTB MEET GLENTRESS - NOW RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 28-30th (Spaces Available)

Caporegime
Just been to Glentress, today and Saturday I can't explain how awesome this place is! It really is awesome.

If I'm down at the rents during these dates I'll defo be making an appearance!

Soldato
Ho chi min looks like one of them, maybe Britney spears and Zoom or Bust but hard to tell exactly. There is loads of natural stuff around GT.

Can would share some of your locals knowledge when we're there? I've wanted to ride some of the natural stuff for ages but never dare suggest it for fear of wasting precious riding time :p

Soldato
Can would share some of your locals knowledge when we're there? I've wanted to ride some of the natural stuff for ages but never dare suggest it for fear of wasting precious riding time :p

I would suggest stuff like that but not sure if people would be happy. Well worth the climb up to the boundary trail which is up the usual way and instead of turning off to spooky - you climb another 10 mins or so up the fire road. Boundary trail is ace - a good 10/13 min trail (part of the black route)

You could then follow the road back to the spooky wood climb - do spooky wood and take it from there.

I'm no expert on the natural stuff but from doing the enduro I can find bits and pieces

Soldato
Would that be a decent way to extend the red route a bit? I'm happy to give new stuff a try but obviously we've got to keep the group happy :p

yeah - it's a good 7/8 mins past spooky wood turn off, but boundary trail is superb fun. Then basically a fireroad blast back to the bench at the bottom of start of the spooky wood climb and go from there.

It's an additional loop but a good fun. Others who don't want the extra climb could give it a miss i guess dependant on numbers.

Soldato
I only go riding with 2 people, 1 of them is on holiday, the other one makes me seem like a fitness god. My brother wanted to go, and was going to join us at the earlier date, but I can't blame him for choosing Malia over Scotland!

Soldato
Nice - dependant on my bike situation, If I've not got it back from on-one, I'll just hire something for the day.

Santa Cruz Blur TRa Large with XX1 groupset for the day could be tasty!!

Caporegime
I can be taken off the 'maybe' list on call for that weekend :/

Pretty gutted acctually, was planning on coming down but it's a few free days off in the bag.

Back
Top Bottom