OCUK RR 3 - The Thread that will actually get sorted !

Vertigo1 said:
You were missed. I commented a couple of times that it was a real shame the Rex was off the road :(

aye, you and a few other regulars really should have been there....

I have already started to plan the next one, spoke to a few people and probably looking at June next year, gives everyone a chance for some mods that way

Firestar_3x said:
How did eveyone find the pub food btw?

The barman bought ours to the table, didn't realise it was a buffet :p

Mind you he got a bit arsey when Bear asked for a fork lol, maybe he mis-heard.

Simon said:
Vertigo just followed my grey smoke clouds I think
:D That thing was chucking out a fair bit of oil smoke.

Dave, you've totally confused me now. From the texts I presumed you two had found some pub round by Powerstation and just decided to stay there, but you actually went to the Hungry Horse? You must have left before we all arrived.

Vertigo1 said:
:D That thing was chucking out a fair bit of oil smoke.

Was it grey/black or blue? I thought it was grey.

If so it's due the engine map I'm running which overfuels like mad when the boost kicks in.

Simon said:
Was it grey/black or blue? I thought it was grey.

If so it's due the engine map I'm running which overfuels like mad when the boost kicks in.
Don't recall to be honest, could well have been grey. I'm guessing it was burnt oil more from the smell than the colour tbh, but then what do I know, I'm a total car n00b :) Could well have been the overfuelling.

Firestar_3x said:
What was the earth wire you connected again Si?

That was for the DTA Ecu. The earth wire came from the loom I made which allows the DTA to plug straight into the Rover loom and use all the sensors and wiring. The earth wire was the main ground for the DTA.

Only takes a few minutes to go from the standard Ecu to DTA now, rather than making a full loom and having to swap the entire thing over. Ideal if I ever have problems with the DTA as i can then plug the standard ecu in to get me home :)

Simon said:
That was for the DTA Ecu. The earth wire came from the loom I made which allows the DTA to plug straight into the Rover loom and use all the sensors and wiring. The earth wire was the main ground for the DTA.

Only takes a few minutes to go from the standard Ecu to DTA now, rather than making a full loom and having to swap the entire thing over. Ideal if I ever have problems with the DTA as i can then plug the standard ecu in to get me home :)
Anyone know what language that is so I can run it through Babelfish? :confused: ;) :D

damn it, that was a pain getting home :( got stuff in some stupidly large traffic jam on the m4 for going on 3 hrs, they'd closed off the whole road for most of it :( then open up one lane once they'd moved the remains of one car, and annother upside down one over.

generally not a good day for driving it seems :(

On the upside it was a damn good day, nice to meet everyone and find out my stock cars at stock power ;) Cheers as ever for the organisation, and the people who managed to make it along and make the day!

Back
Top Bottom