OCUK RR 3 - The Thread that will actually get sorted !

thebrasso said:
Its totally my fault, I should have asked where we were going or said to somebody who knew the route could I follow them once we got on the M5...I hadn't counted on the traffic density on the M5...I could see Acidhell's Cinq in the distance but I couldn't catch up.

Fakesnake waved me off at the right junction I think but I didn't know where I was going from there....

should have followed me :D

Trickle said:
a lot of traffic on the roads confusing things, it took myself and AcidHell a couple of attempts to find the pub in the end.

Thanks to Conanius for the excelent organisation :)

easy tiger ;)

btw, dam you for randomly arriving at the pub later than the rest, powerstation did my run for a tenner, so I bought a drink for everyone who did a power run who got to the pub with my 20 quid left over, felt a bit bad about not managing to get you, austin or fakesnake a drinkie woo

Simon said:
should have followed me :D

You flew past me going onto the M5....I booted it down the slip road (well didn't really go for it) but hit heavy traffic behind you, and despite some weaving in and out of lanes I couldn't get any further ahead. Outside lane seemed jammed and nobody leaves big enough gaps to let people move over anyway...

Your car sounded awesome though...went quite well too :D

I need an exhaust on mine...

I think a lot of people went a bit quick on the M5 - if it wasn't for my Satnav I'd probably not have found the pub either as everyone in front of me just left me for dead.

L0rdMike said:
If you couldnt see us you should have tried listening for us.
thats for sure ;) ever time i checked my mirrors to see vert, si and merlin were behind i just heard this vtec purring which told me they were :D

[TW]Fox said:
I think a lot of people went a bit quick on the M5 - if it wasn't for my Satnav I'd probably not have found the pub either as everyone in front of me just left me for dead.

well....

i made progress down the sliproad, looked behind me and no one was there, so slowed to about 50 until people caught up, assumed the rest were in tow so carried on....

Trickle said:
Sorry just reread it and I wasnt trying to be sarky, I ment it! You were running round all day as if you were working for powerstation :)

I wasnt saying you were :) i just dont think I deserve all the thanks tbh, it wouldnt have been an event if people didnt turn up :)

thebrasso said:
You flew past me going onto the M5....I booted it down the slip road (well didn't really go for it) but hit heavy traffic behind you, and despite some weaving in and out of lanes I couldn't get any further ahead. Outside lane seemed jammed and nobody leaves big enough gaps to let people move over anyway...

Your car sounded awesome though...went quite well too :D

I need an exhaust on mine...

Yeah motorway was too busy, was annoying when trying to map the car earlier as you need space to go thru the revs in 4th. must have really annoyed some people as we were going slow to make a gap then gunning it as people were catching up. I must have looked a bit of a to55er to be honest. Ah well :D

Mongoose systems on Rover turbo's do sound nice though don't they.

In all seriousness the guys who arranged to be in convoys and plain didnt show up are a really poor show - we waited for 15 minutes at Southampton for raGer and 30 minutes at Membury for Jez, neither of them bothered to turn up.

Some notice would have been nice, that was a total of 45 minutes earlier we could have been at the event.

DreXeL said:
Sorry I didn't make it guys, hope you had a good day :cool:
You were missed. I commented a couple of times that it was a real shame the Rex was off the road :(

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it an enjoyable day, especially Gareth for organising it yet again.

Back
Top Bottom