• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

Yeah that doesn't make any sense either.

Someone who wanted Nvidia 4080 but has a smaller budget would just get the 3080 or a variant of it. Someone who has 4080 money but can't justify the 4080's poor value would look at the 7900XTX. Either way, ain't no one buying the 6900XT

Even that starts at £750, plus, its what Nvidia want you to do.....

No its terrible value. Where does your 25% number come from? its low compared to every review I've seen. I hope its not from techslowpowerup.

Looking at other reviews like HUB, GN, Optimum etc its more like:

Rasterization Games: 30% slower on average with a range of 20% to 40%
Ray Traced Games: 40% slower on average with a range of 30% to 50%
It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but seemingly the humour has been lost on you.

The 25% came from the very graph above ;)

Yeah that doesn't make any sense either.

Someone who wanted Nvidia 4080 but has a smaller budget would just get the 3080 or a variant of it. Someone who has 4080 money but can't justify the 4080's poor value would look at the 7900XTX. Either way, ain't no one buying the 6900XT

£600 after selling on the games is a lot more palatable to most regular folk than paying a grand for a gaming gpu.

The xx80 launch used to be the crowd pleaser on these forums.

It's a shame because by all accounts it's a decent card.
NVIDIA also have to remember that this is a market where there are a lot of bragging rights associated with a GPU and the 4080 is rapidly heading towards the fools choice. Who wants to spend £1200+ on a card and then get a clown award on Steam? The 4080 is a badge of shame! And one thing I have noticed about the GPU market is that once a card gets a black mark against it, that's it, it's dead for the duration.

Am I the only person who thinks the 3080, 2080, 1080, 980 etc were also expensive?

xx80 = expensive and it always has been in my opinion.
They were "expensive" as in £600+ is not cheap, but they weren't £1200+

Nvidia have tried to ram the xx80 in to effectively the same price bracket as the xx90 cards, and that isn't going to wash for the vast majority of people

Ho
They were "expensive" as in £600+ is not cheap, but they weren't £1200+

Nvidia have tried to ram the xx80 in to effectively the same price bracket as the xx90 cards, and that isn't going to wash for the vast majority of people

Hopefully people will start to also realise the card you bought 3 years ago is still good enough to play games. Its been like that for years you only really needed to upgrade to play 1 or 2 AAA titles even then you could just dial down the settings. Its what GPU settings are for.
This time round its only to play 4k at decent frame rates and the 4k owners when you consider the whole picture are a tiny percentage still but if they can spend £800 on a 144mhz 4k Monitor they can afford £1500+ prices.

Ho

Hopefully people will start to also realise the card you bought 3 years ago is still good enough to play games. Its been like that for years you only really needed to upgrade to play 1 or 2 AAA titles even then you could just dial down the settings. Its what GPU settings are for.
This time round its only to play 4k at decent frame rates and the 4k owners when you consider the whole picture are a tiny percentage still but if they can spend £800 on a 144mhz 4k Monitor they can afford £1500+ prices.
Wait until something like Atomic Heart is out and people then "have" to upgrade at any price. PCMR is just too full of weak willed people.

Back
Top Bottom