• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

It is indeed a sad state of affairs but hey, if people are paying these inflated prices then why would Nvidia price them any lower?

Anyone dropping this kind of money without waiting to see what AMD's offering will bring to the table needs their head examining (unless RT is a necessity).

Yeah that doesn't make any sense either.

Someone who wanted Nvidia 4080 but has a smaller budget would just get the 3080 or a variant of it. Someone who has 4080 money but can't justify the 4080's poor value would look at the 7900XTX. Either way, ain't no one buying the 6900XT
Turned out fine for me, 3070-esq RT perf with 3090-esq rasterization.

I said GG and clapped.

Though RT perf in games can be much better too.

index.php

Last edited:
Available at 2pm tomorrow?

Yes available from 2pm today and plenty in stock too.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense either.

Someone who wanted Nvidia 4080 but has a smaller budget would just get the 3080 or a variant of it. Someone who has 4080 money but can't justify the 4080's poor value would look at the 7900XTX. Either way, ain't no one buying the 6900XT

This weekend gone the Asrock 6900 XT and Asus 6800 XT were our best selling products, followed by 6600, AMD selling extremely well with their deals. The 6900 XT is also £649 with voucher code. ;)

What a depressing launch.

Yes. When I remember the excitement there used to be some years back, launches these days are just depressing - WOW heres a great card you can't afford and another you can't justify.
Even though AMD are overpriced too, I am finding their producst at least a bit exciting!! More than the NVIDIA!

Last edited:
Am I the only person who thinks the 3080, 2080, 1080, 980 etc were also expensive?

xx80 = expensive and it always has been in my opinion.
Not really till the 1080.

The 580 was £429
The 680, 780 and 980 was £439

I paid £439 for the EVGA 7806GB and got the free upgrade to the 980 because of the pricing being same and the release time frame with that EVGA stepup program.

From then on then yes. The rise for the 1080 to £529 two year later felt a lot. The 2080 should be ignored as ridiculous which made the 3080 seem like a bargain but really wasn't. And this year they have lost it with the 4080.

Back
Top Bottom