• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

Am I the only person who thinks the 3080, 2080, 1080, 980 etc were also expensive?

xx80 = expensive and it always has been in my opinion.
Yes I remember the big jump in price from the 970 to 1070 then everying just went up and up after that. My mate returned his launch day 3080 that cost £730 as he though it was too expensive to justify. Then the scalper madness happened. Jensen is partying like it's 2020. Eff Nvidia's greed.

Yeah I really don't understand the people who will be paying more for a 4080 AIB than a 4090 FE.
...the 4080 is the decoy purchase - it's not actually priced to sell - it's a placeholder price until the Ampere stock clears (preferred 3090/ti getting harder get source) and if it sells meantime, then fine for nVidia. As we've seen over the last 2 years, MRSP means nought!

EDIT - they want you to buy the 4090 - never have we seen a linear price/perf backwards scaling from the flagship

Last edited:
Well I think we have a good idea on how the general pubic feel about the 4080 given all the cards are still very much in stock at OCUK and the forums didn't crash like they normally do on a new 'mainstream' product launch.

Well I think we have a good idea on how the general pubic feel about the 4080 given all the cards are still very much in stock at OCUK and the forums didn't crash like they normally do on a new 'mainstream' product launch.

Theres also the problem that the only 4080 ( & 4090) cards that will fit in many peoples cases are the FE ones. I certainly can't fit any of the AIB cards in my Fractal Meshify C case.

Last edited:
Theres also the problem that the only 4080 ( & 4090) cards that will fit in many peoples cases are the FE ones. I certainly can't fit any of the AIB cards in my Fractal Meshify C case.
thats fine, anyone spending 1500 on a new card should just buy a case that it fits in too

...the 4080 is the decoy purchase - it's not actually priced to sell - it's a placeholder price until the Ampere stock clears (preferred 3090/ti getting harder get source) and if it sells meantime, then fine for nVidia. As we've seen over the last 2 years, MRSP means nought!

EDIT - they want you to buy the 4090 - never have we seen a linear price/perf backwards scaling from the flagship
This. It was widely reported a while back Nvidia would trickle stock of 4000 series until 30s are gone. Apparently 4090s have been hanging around for quite some time already.

Each generation should make a card faster than its previous and the prices should remain relatively stable or follow global increases.

Making a card that's faster but then doubling the cost is ridiculous.
But it's 50% faster for 100% more money than a 2 year old card. What else do you want? Our lord Jensen said Moore's Law is dead!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom