• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

Must admit that these prices are even more obscene than I thought they would be. I was expecting in the range of £1,200 to £1,300! And even at that, I would not personally buy one.

Actually glad that I bought an ASUS TUF 3080 OC at pretty near MRSP a few weeks back. By the time an "affordable" 40 series card comes out (4060 maybe?) I'm not convinced the performance uplift from my 3080 would be worth it.

Got to laugh I suppose ;)

even thats £300 too much
Your not wrong. I made a mistake in telling my brother he could have my 3080 and waterblock for his new system, ideally i'd sooner not upgrade. I am hoping that teh latest from Nvidia does nto sell well though, its the only thing that will make them drop their prices. I actually think Nvidia looked at everyone paying silly money for graphics cards over the last couple years and decided if people will pay that for it then we may as well charge it.

Don't get me wrong, 3080 to 4080 is a good upgrade, but whats the cost trading up? 800 quid?

3080s are holding their value very nicely compared to the 3090/ti so probably get £500+ for a 3080 FE so about £800 seems right, must say quite tempted at that price as the RT gains are just lovely looking :D :cool: Also be nice to have access to FG now given the amount of titles adding it going forward.

Well I think we have a good idea on how the general pubic feel about the 4080 given all the cards are still very much in stock at OCUK and the forums didn't crash like they normally do on a new 'mainstream' product launch.
One of the mods ( feek I think) Confirmed that the forums had been decoupled from the shop. So no more more crashes during product launches.

Back
Top Bottom