• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 5 9600X and Ryzen 7 9700X review thread

I feel like they could squeeze a 9800X in here at 95w-105w (Overclockers Dream Edition) :D

kJwsu3X.png

Last edited:
Anyway let's examine why AMD is full of *****, and why people are angry

Exhibit 1: AMD says the 9700x is 31% faster than the 14700k in Horizon Zero Dawn

So how does the 14700k do in this game?

Exhibit 2:The 14700k has near identical performance to a 7950x in this game. So, if AMD is right then the 9700x should be 30% faster than the 7950x

Exhibit 3: The 9700x is 3% faster than the 7950x in HZD

Conclusion: We've now proven AMD's slides are not accurate, the 9700x is 27% slower in Horizon Zero Dawn than AMD claimed

Last edited:
They’ve been lying out of their teeth to a new level lately. What went under the radar is the launch of 5800XT and 5900XT where they straight up used a gpu bottleneck to show these zen3 parts are superior to RPL for gaming

These CPU’s suck, are way overpriced and absurdly misrepresented in their competitiveness.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's something as simple as windows scheduler is better at pushing multiple threads. Even in windows the 9000 series looks amazing in single threaded benchmarks, but then falls back in multithreading.
Though this is just a very uninformed stray thought. So I could be very wrong :P

Using the 7900 XTX does make it far harder to find actual review figures to compare marketing vs reality :(

Now, ComputerBase did have one review with both the RTX 4090 and 7900 XTX but mostly other games.
Anyway, entered some of those figures into a spreadsheet:
f7juwX4.png

There are normal marketeer lies and then there is this.
A few years ago AMD PR used to often understated, now they have lost all credibility between this and RDNA3.

I wonder if it's something as simple as windows scheduler is better at pushing multiple threads. Even in windows the 9000 series looks amazing in single threaded benchmarks, but then falls back in multithreading.
Though this is just a very uninformed stray thought. So I could be very wrong :p
Multithreaded benchmarks are far more influenced by the 65W TDP.

At least in some benches:
Filter for Handbrake and the stock 9700X vs their OC results are +43%
Didn't see any other MT benches show such a huge difference but I was only looking at CB (because of the handy auto-calculating % bars) and TPU - and TPU is pages and pages of huge images with no filters or build-in calculators.

Using the 7900 XTX does make it far harder to find actual review figures to compare marketing vs reality :(

Now, ComputerBase did have one review with both the RTX 4090 and 7900 XTX but mostly other games.

Probably a treasure trove of YouTube ad revenue just waiting to be unearthed. Maybe I should become a celebrity YouTube tech journalists handler…

Back
Top Bottom