**** OcUK Secret Santa 2014 - Signup & Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
Mine arrived today, but unfortunately, despite my SS asking the company to send in a box, was delivered in clear packaging - ever so slightly giving away the contents :D

A big thank you to my SS, it looks amazing, and must have broken the budget (as it seems most of us have). Merry Christmas SS !!!

My wife doesn't understand why I wont use it now, saying that no one would know, which although true, would take away the fun.

Soldato
I think my ss has got there gift,royal mail is a joke,£15 to post it signed,don't have the time for anything else or have a printer.

Soldato
:o
That's double what I paid for next day parcel delivery by courier!

Indeed! Almost triple what I paid. RM aren't competitive anymore, it's only really their reputation that is seeing them keep business. As soon as people start to wake up, they're royaly screwed.

Soldato
Yeh mine was 17.50 through royal mail/ parcel force too... If I had the time and was at home I'd have used parcel monkey or my hermes /collect+ or something.

I wads a little miffed at the time, but I guess it's tough, I'm not at home for a little while so couldnt get it picked up and my missus is in Bali so she couldn't drop it off at collect+ so I didn't really have another option.

Next year I'm sure il be able to do it a lot cheaper!

Soldato
Yeh I don't bother with presents for anyone else so usually the presents I get here are the only ones I get too. I'm not a great fan of Xmas but I do enjoy this secret santa lol. It's more the idea of getting things from randomers and finding out what they think you will like and vice versa.

Soldato
Not got mine yet either - but my SS did say it would be sent from source late due to stock issues.
70% of the fun in SS is the finding out about a fellow OcUK members and getting them some thing to make them smile/actually use/rant about :p
The other 30% is explaining to loved ones why you spent so much time and money on someone you don't even know. :D
(Answer: 'cos it christmas!)
SS is just brilliant

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hopefully there's no Scrooge's this year who don't send anything, I hunted high and low for my SS gift, the when you know what you need to get but so many options you want to choose something a little bit nicer than the norm, still they might not like it but at least you tried!

Soldato
Well this came through the door while I was sleeping...

http://i.imgur.com/OdNki33.jpg[IMG]

Just one slight snag.... I leave the country tomorrow! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Go now! They very often have it back at the depot if you go in the afternoon anyway. If they give out to you just explain that you are leaving the country and that you have to have this present to post a picture in the unwrap-up thread on a computer forum or you'll be banned! Surely they couldn't ignore such a plight

Back
Top Bottom