OcUK to stop selling Shuttles

Associate
so y did over clockers stop selling gigabyte boards ???

as thy are one of the best companys in uk for dealing with rma's
i deal with gigabyte engineers dirct in the course of my employment.

and on the grapevine i hear it was gigabyte who drop ock

so could it not be the same with the shuttle we will never know as overclockers would never say anything

and as they still have some in stock it put a big ? over it all
iknow if the company i work for had trouble with a product
they would with draw them all and not just make people think
they have them in stock
one point they where not put out of stck until after i complaned
and it was not announced by gibbo that they would not be
selling them
final if overclockers are that disappointed with the shuttle
then y dont they sell of the one they have in stock at a reduced rate

i am not self centred person as u think i work for a company a lot bigger than ock but they did start of small and are now one off the biggest companys in the world

Permabanned
yes Im sure they will lose some business from people wanting to buy all in one shuttle systems, however, balanced against the bad press that has been increasing lately & is becoming more generally known Its not a lot to lose. Especially if the large business buyers are re-assured that after sales support is finally going to be taken seriously. Thats where OCUK will be getting a huge %age of its turnover from.

balance between good support Vs low costs are very tricky to manage, has probably been too biased in the past to low cost.

Soldato
Aye its me slip, how the devil are you old chap :p

Simple fact is 9/10 times if im buying a full system OcUK don't often have all of what i want in stock. I think ive bought everything for a full system twice now over 2 years all from OcUK, and neither system has been for myself.

Lack of watercooling products (waterchill isn't what id class as real watercooling) also usually drives me elsewhere.

Most people here will go for the cheapest source just like any human would - it always pays to shop around.

Associate
gigabyte no differant in price as asus ones they do

i know they use to get some if not all from germany
and not the gigabyte distributors

OcUK Staff
We will be stocking the entire Aopen Cube range and at very good prices as they have agreed to sell direct to us on all their products, so we may also look at the rest of their range too. :)
They are also happy to meet our Support demands too. :)

Also Soltek have a nice range of barebone systems too and it looks like they too will be willing to give us the RMA support we need too. :)

P.S. We never dropped Gigabyte nor did they drop us, we've just never really stocked much of their range, but thats also something else about too change as they too now want to jump in on the OcUK bandwagon and give us direct support which will means many Gigabyte products at OcUK all at keen prices.
We are making a huge impression with manufacturers at the moment and hence the additional support were getting. :)

OcUK Staff
Originally posted by alz123
gigabyte no differant in price as asus ones they do

i know they use to get some if not all from germany
and not the gigabyte distributors

Then you do not know much;), as we buy Gigabyte through their official distribution channels in the UK. As were about to go direct then this may change depending on what Gigabyte setup for us. :)

Associate
hi gibbo

me and 2 of my friends where told by spie at counter in the shop that he was havin to get his gigabyte 8knxp from germany we waited for 2 months

and that is a fact

so you get them from mitek in sot ???

Soldato
Tis a great shame,
I hope Shuttle become more agreeable, in the meantime, if i need an SFF, ill buy from another retailer. Hats off to OcUK for taking a stand though.
Me too, was planning on getting a new shuttle in the summer as well, hopefully they will have bucked their ideas up by then and you start stocking Shuttles again. :)

Associate
Gibbo
Good news on the Qbics:)
I have a 3401m and it s superb,quiet fast and allows me to o/c my 2.4p to 3.2 without an issue.Geil memory helps.No problems with the Aiw 9800 either.
What about the biostar range?

Associate
OP
That's superb news on the SOLTEK - I'm currently looking into those..

Any more soltek overclocking exploits ?

Especially looking for the 3702 models.

bobinski - can you post your spec please and possibly a reason as to why you chose the 3401? thanks. Any cooling probs?

OcUK Staff
Originally posted by alz123
yes i did speak to the right guy as we where buying lots of
hardware at that time and yes it was spie

Hi there

I am sorry but Spie aint the right guy to speak to as in regards to where stock comes from, that would be me. :)

Was this in recent times or a while back before I took over purchasing?

Oh and as in regards to Mitek we buy very little to nothing from them, they are unable to support us as we buy to aggresively for them to be able to sell to us at the prices we get. They are only used for emergency backup on certain items when there is no other solution. We buy our stock direct or from much bigger distribution channels these days. ;)

Associate
Panchovilla
Its a 3401 with p2.4 800,1 gig geil pc 400,samsung 120 gig sata,aiw 9800 soft modded and running at pro speeds and on board sound and pioneer 105 with a usb2 nebula digital card.
Its on 24/7 and was a direct replacement for a shuttle ss51g because i couldnt stand its noise!
The 3401 is much quiter,the fan in the psu is very quiet and makes a whoosing sound rather that a whine!The aiw,s fan is noisier.I did put a pabst in on the cpus heatsink but if you go to the ******* forums you will see there are other probably better options.
I am at work so i cant check any further details.
cheers
bobinski

Soldato
So what happens if i decide to play with the memory voltage again and my SN45G dies as they do. will i still be able to RMA this to OCUK or will it be to shuttle direct. Last time shuttle were taking so long that after some unpleasent e-mails (my appologies OCUK) OCUK just sent me out a brand new one.

Soldato
I hope OcUK are still going to support shuttles that they've already sold... Even though mine's going strong I would want support if something were to happen. I hope that by the time something did it'd be time for a re-think anyway :)

Soldato
i read a lot of reviews on the whole barebone range and aopen came out on top of the gaming section. and most of the other tests beat the shuttle.

i was also in the market for a shuttle but that aopen looks like it will give shuttle a good run for their money. if their RMA policies are better than shuttle, then that could very well be my next purchase.

would teach shuttle to get their thumbs out their arse.

Associate
OP
So hang on then:

Would I be OK if I had an SN45G with XP2500mobile and clocked only the CPU to XP3200 without messing with the vdimm MEM?

Do you have to mess about with the memory to get a good overclocked system?

In light of stability, noise and overclocking, would a soltek 3702 be better than a SN45G now?

Associate
OP
Originally posted by GOTH_THING
i read a lot of reviews on the whole barebone range and aopen came out on top of the gaming section. and most of the other tests beat the shuttle.

Any review links you could post?

Don't know how good the Aopen might overclock.

Back
Top Bottom