OcUK to stop selling Shuttles

Soldato
Originally posted by PanchoVilla
Any review links you could post?

Don't know how good the Aopen might overclock.

cant remember the links, it was a week ago and i was looking at the best bearbone to get. google for some reviews. im sure you could find a few

Associate
As far as I can see, Aopen don't do a SFF system that has AMD 400 MHz FSB CPU support, so you won't be able to get a Mobile Barton running at 3200 in one.

If you want to get an Aopen SFF that can out perform a Shuttle/AMD 400Mhz setup then you'll have to turn to the dark side...

Soldato
Originally posted by fred_easey
As far as I can see, Aopen don't do a SFF system that has AMD 400 MHz FSB CPU support, so you won't be able to get a Mobile Barton running at 3200 in one.

If you want to get an Aopen SFF that can out perform a Shuttle/AMD 400Mhz setup then you'll have to turn to the dark side...

give them some time, im sure theres an NF 2 Ultra 400 on the way, once aopen SFF become more popular and demand for a more powerfull verson is required, then im sure they will make 1.

and the review i read was done using a barton 2500 at stock

Soldato
Originally posted by James_N
shuttle really suck. i emailed them about a screeching shuttle and never got a reply. good ridance to them :)

/edit - nice machine androo ;)

some other people dont return emails either Ive noticed...

It is a brave move as everyone seems to love shuttles - got an XPC sitting at home awaiting a good thrashing :D

That Aopen above looks nice.

Don
Alas, Ive only just recently got my Shuttle, but is OcUK going to completely stop selling Shuttle products, i.e. the silent PSU. There are a few other British retailers out there, and a few are actually cheaper than OcUK in some parts, but I still prefer to shop with them!

Such a shame really!

Associate
I've only ever had to contact Shuttle once and that could not have been better. I used the Europen website (Googled it from German into english). Filled in the contact us from to tell the problem and they posted me a new one from Germany within a few days - at no cost !

Cheers, GRiDlock

Associate
I couldn’t live without my Shuttle.

It’s a shame that they OcUK stopping supplying them but they seem to have their reasons.

However, if they cannot offer the product, people will go and look elsewhere. Agreed they will be offering an alternative but some times that’s just not what you want. While I am there, on a competitor’s site buying my Shuttle, I’ll just get my Ram, CPU, HD, and DVD etc

Difficult situation for them to be in

Last edited:
Don
Originally posted by galaxy105
I couldn’t live with my Shuttle.

It’s a shame that they OcUK stopping supplying them but they seem to have their reasons.

However, if they cannot offer the product, people will go and look elsewhere. Agreed they will be offering an alternative but some times that’s just not what you want. While I am there, on a competitor’s site buying my Shuttle, I’ll just get my Ram, CPU, HD, and DVD etc

Difficult situation for them to be in

This is true. When I ordered my Shuttle, OcUK's prices were a little higher than the site I found, and although this other site was a tad more expensive on other things, I brought everything from the one site, to save on delivery costs etc, and I would also then get all of it in package!!!

I also couldnt live without my Shuttle anymore, its such a beautiful bit of kit!

Soldato
i dont see whats soo good lookin about shuttles, its just a small white box with a clear plastic front. i would have got it for the size. but aopen seems to be doing one of similar size and it does look better then shuttles.

i wouldnt go as far as saying either of them as "beautiful bit of kit!" , its always gonna ba a simple box. although size is of importance.

Associate
Originally posted by GOTH_THING
i wouldnt go as far as saying either of them as "beautiful bit of kit!" , its always gonna ba a simple box. although size is of importance.
It's a matter of taste. I needed a PC to fit on a bookcase in my lounge. There were a couple of choices open to me but I went for the Shuttle because it's a Shuttle. The original and innovative SFF PC.

They are lovely to look at (and very well built) and they are not just boring white boxes – you can buy coloured fronts and covers.

Soldato
So hang on then:

Would I be OK if I had an SN45G with XP2500mobile and clocked only the CPU to XP3200 without messing with the vdimm MEM?

Do you have to mess about with the memory to get a good overclocked system?

In light of stability, noise and overclocking, would a soltek 3702 be better than a SN45G now?

your SN45G will overclock fine. i have my barton xp2500 at 2.39ghz and tat is with crucial pc2700 ram at the default 2.55v @ 217 fsb

Associate
OP
Originally posted by englishpremier
your SN45G will overclock fine. i have my barton xp2500 at 2.39ghz and tat is with crucial pc2700 ram at the default 2.55v @ 217 fsb

Thanks.

What does 2.39 ghz mean in terms of MHZ?

This voltage and FSB thing is confusing me a bit now.

Soldato
Thanks.

What does 2.39 ghz mean in terms of MHZ?

This voltage and FSB thing is confusing me a bit now.

ok. the cpu speed is made up of its multiplier in this case 11 for the xp2500 and the internat clock fequency which is 166mhz again for the xp2500, so the CPU speed is 11x166mhz. in AMD boards this core
frequency is then doubled to become 333mhz which is what the memory will run at. however i have managed to clock the core frequency much higher from 166mhz to 217mhz. 217x11=2 390

Associate
OP
englishpremier - I see now, thanks.

So, from the above posts would appear that we have two systems : one with OCZ PC3200 that runs slower than the one with PC2700 Crucial.

I guess it's better to buy crucial for these systems then?

Cue

Cue

Associate
I went through the complete post and I saw no sign of Epox!
Is there a particular reason about it?
Have a look at this puppy, EPoX eX5-300S Mini Me
Google it for reviews ;)

Soldato
i dont see whats soo good lookin about shuttles, its just a small white box with a clear plastic front. i would have got it for the size. but aopen seems to be doing one of similar size and it does look better then shuttles.
Yeah, they're the ugly ones.

SN41G2 though....mmmmmm brushed aluminium......bl00 LED......sexeh.......

SN41G2 design > *

On a more serious note, they are seriously well designed pieces of kit, looking at the design of the motherboard, the ICE cooling, the cable management, it all looks (and feels) like a quality piece of kit, that's where the beautifulness comes in. :)

My SN41G2 reminds me of Sony engineering, if that makes sense? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom