OcUK Trackday: Donnington 8th May 2013: £177.50 - CANCELLED!!!!

So what's the difference in the track then?

doningtoncircuit.jpg

national circuit is dark grey
GP circuit includes melbourne hairpin [the greyed out bit]

doningtoncircuit.jpg

national circuit is dark grey
GP circuit includes melbourne hairpin [the greyed out bit]

Kosta you will absolutely love the hairpin, I even get the 911 sideways through there simply because its such a low speed corner, loads of room and safe to do so. :)

Am I putting your name down?

I would like to go please!

Anyone going to be staying at a local hotel due to distance?

Also I would like an instructor if possible please.

Last edited:

Excellent, pax lap please. :D

Instructors available on the day and I'd be more than happy to pass on some pointers to you from the advice others have given me. Just hope your not too loud!

Screw it, put me down. I'll make sure the car is back in one piece by then! Have always wanted to do Donny and the lure of the GP layout has twisted my arm!

Screw it, put me down. I'll make sure the car is back in one piece by then! Have always wanted to do Donny and the lure of the GP layout has twisted my arm!

No problem but for some reason is your car not like stupid loud? This is a 98Db day, if your aware of that then of course I shall put you on the list. :)

I'm a maybe for now.

Need to have a think about it! :)

No you don't. Just do it.

And get Super Mario down aswell :)

You owe me a pax :D

GTRs suck and it's up to you to sway my opinion :p

Gonna email someone with an Atom and see if they want to come to :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on too much hairpin skidding, last time I was there I got blacked for drifting and told in no uncertain terms that I would be sent home if seen doing it again.

GP layout is not really in favour with me. I suffer with overheating brakes enough without adding two more heavy braking zones per lap :/

I wouldn't count on too much hairpin skidding, last time I was there I got blacked for drifting and told in no uncertain terms that I would be sent home if seen doing it again.

GP layout is not really in favour with me. I suffer with overheating brakes enough without adding two more heavy braking zones per lap :/

Get some make shift ducting made up, or uprate your fluid/pads to a higher temperature combo. :)

I took a 525i SE around years ago on just yellow stuff pads and RBF600 and never once experienced fade. OK it was nowhere near the pace of your car, but was far heavier (1650kg), but still you should be able to sort the brakes to not overheat.

Already have yellowstuff, ATe racing blue fluid, and cooling ducts. Works ok on Donington national to be fair, but Oulton had them smoking and begging for mercy after about 4 laps.

I did recently break the under tray off in the snow, I plan on making a new flat tray which won't get smashed every 5 minutes. Might add some NACA ducts for additional brake cooling if I can find the space for it.

Might stay at the Travelodge the night before as it looks the cheapest option I could see last night

OK, If a few more people plan to stay the night before we could try and get a better rate, I see Donington park has an Official Hotel Sponsor that does group bookings.

Excellent, pax lap please. :D

Instructors available on the day and I'd be more than happy to pass on some pointers to you from the advice others have given me. Just hope your not too loud!

Thanks Gibbo, will take you up on that.
I don't know drive by numbers but a guy with the same exhaust system as mine expect his has an un-silenced Y-Pipe (centre de-cat bit) has been tested with a good dB meter and static is 73-74dB at tickover, 96-97dB at 5000rpm.
I would say mine will be a few dB less than that so I hope I can pass 98dB drive by.

i will be your instructor, but will need to spend at least half of the day driving your car to ensure that i am giving you proper instructions :)

Sounds fair :p

You owe me a pax :D

GTRs suck and it's up to you to sway my opinion :p

Sure thing, I will give it a go!

OK, If a few more people plan to stay the night before we could try and get a better rate, I see Donington park has an Official Hotel Sponsor that does group bookings.

if that is Raddison Blu they don't seem to have any rooms searching their website, plenty of other places nearby though!

if that is Raddison Blu they don't seem to have any rooms searching their website, plenty of other places nearby though!

Oh, I checked on here and it appeared to show availability for the 7th. http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-eastmidlandsairport

Edit: Ah, it may have been because I did 7th to 9th. If I do just 7th it shows "No rates available".

Happy to go where ever, looks like there are plenty of options around.

Last edited:
Oh, I checked on here and it appeared to show availability for the 7th. http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-eastmidlandsairport

Edit: Ah, it may have been because I did 7th to 9th. If I do just 7th it shows "No rates available".

Happy to go where ever, looks like there are plenty of options around.

I only chose thetravelodge as it is only 19 quid a night. I can excuse everything else wrong with it because of that price :p

The premier inn i stayed at last time was alright, but their prices arent quiteas low as they were.

Back
Top Bottom