OcUK Trackday: Donnington 8th May 2013: £177.50 - CANCELLED!!!!

Hmm, I'm thinking about this, but I've never done a trackday before. How does this work for the n00bs?

E.g, Are helmets required? Anything else we need to know?

I am interested in Donnington also.
Gibbo, I there any means to hire a car (Arial Atom / Lotus Elise / Caterham 7) for this Track Day session you have organised?
I am not prepared to Track my Megane, just yet.

Hmm, I'm thinking about this, but I've never done a trackday before. How does this work for the n00bs?

E.g, Are helmets required? Anything else we need to know?

It's fairly straightforward and self explanatory when you are there.
Helmets are a must but you can rent them.

What car would you be taking?

It's just a case of taking the required precautions to get your car ready for track.
Tyre pressures
Oil levels etc etc

this would be fantastic for my exige

An exige would be epic on the gp circuit.

No problem but for some reason is your car not like stupid loud? This is a 98Db day, if your aware of that then of course I shall put you on the list. :)

It's fairly loud, got measured as 100.5dB static at about 5k rpm, but Bedford is much stricter than Donington. Their drive-by was 87.5 and I hit 87.8 :( Hoping that 98 drive-by should be doable. If I'm not mistaken, don't Donington only have the one measuring point for this as well, along the pit straight? I could be wrong... I can always short-shift along the straight :p

I may even have some baffles by then which will help of course. I'm willing to risk it :D

It's fairly loud, got measured as 100.5dB static at about 5k rpm, but Bedford is much stricter than Donington. Their drive-by was 87.5 and I hit 87.8 :( Hoping that 98 drive-by should be doable. If I'm not mistaken, don't Donington only have the one measuring point for this as well, along the pit straight? I could be wrong... I can always short-shift along the straight :p

I may even have some baffles by then which will help of course. I'm willing to risk it :D

You shall be fine, I think for fail the Donny drive-by you need to be around 106-108dB static.

I shall get you on the list. :)

You shall be fine, I think for fail the Donny drive-by you need to be around 106-108dB static.

I shall get you on the list. :)

Good info! I am more than happy with my sub 97 static now.

Mmm, this sounds interesting... might check this out... let me check with the missus first... incase somerthing is planned... RX8 would be a nice addition me thinks to the crew.

Would be cool if you can come!

It's hilarious how Donington is strict about the noise yet there are 737's flying overhead every few minutes :p

exactly.

I was fine last weekend

according to this link my exhaust is too loud for donny.

All readings were taken at 5500rpm with calibrated meter 45' to exhaust outlet and 0.5meters away.

Manifold, B-pipe, Backbox, level (db)

Std, Std, Std, 93
Std, Std, Spoon, 102
Spoon 421, Spoon, Std 94
Std, Spoon, Spoon, 104

It's fairly straightforward and self explanatory when you are there.
Helmets are a must but you can rent them.

What car would you be taking?

It's just a case of taking the required precautions to get your car ready for track.
Tyre pressures
Oil levels etc etc

It would be an Evo X (SST FQ-300) - not modded. Hmm, tempting, tempting.

Here are a few nice laps of some smooth driving at Donington in a standard 997 GT3 RS.

Comments suggest the quickest lap was a 1.17.6 and on that basis I would suggest there is a 1.15 in there were it not someone else's pride and joy. Also puts pay to all the stories I've heard about 130mph through the craners on the basis he doesn't do more than 116mph. Consistency of a professional is obvious as is the caution around others in someone else's car but last couple of laps he puts in some quick ones. Needs some geo judging by the noises through coppice.

Not watched the video yet, but I can tell you I've done 115 (GPS) through craners, in a sheddy old BMW. I'd be disappointed at only going 1mph faster in a GT3RS.

Not watched the video yet, but I can tell you I've done 115 (GPS) through craners, in a sheddy old BMW. I'd be disappointed at only going 1mph faster in a GT3RS.

Well I've been told 130mph is good through there but I also know 1.17 is quick in a road car when not going full chat so go figure.

Back
Top Bottom