OcUK Trackday: Donnington 8th May 2013: £177.50 - CANCELLED!!!!

Not watched the video yet, but I can tell you I've done 115 (GPS) through craners, in a sheddy old BMW. I'd be disappointed at only going 1mph faster in a GT3RS.

If you were going that fast through craners, you should have been blitzing pass me as I only sit at approx 100-104mph through craners and 108mph being my fastest through there. I do play it safe through there on purpose though as if it goes wrong there, its very messy. :(
In the CSL on PS2's I was quite happy to go through there at 110-112mph, it just felt safe and happy to do so, in the 911 Craners seems to really amplify that anchor out back.

Well I've been told 130mph is good through there but I also know 1.17 is quick in a road car when not going full chat so go figure.

Think when I was with Elliot when he was in his CSL on cups, he was hitting upto 125ish down through craners, no idea on Elliots lap time though, think CSL's on cups are in the 1:18-1:20 region when driven well. :)

Think the 997.1 GT3 RS has being timed at around 1:15 and obviously a gen2 shall be a bit quicker again.

All the above is not slicks of course, putting slicks on would improve times quite a bit.

Well it's Sean Edwards driving and its obvious he is well off maximum attack but consistent lines of a pro and very easy style, which is why I shared really. Those are the lines you want to be taking in a 911 if he's taking em :D

Quick one guys, I've not been on a track day in years (2005 was last one I did)... couple of questions...

• I may be driving like a wuss as this is the first RWD car I've owned, is there split i.e. noobs, intermediate etc or is it everyone for themselves? Just a little dubious mixing it with you guys in a car I'm not 100% using yet. Suppose we all start somewhere... just that I'll obviously be slower I think for this round until I know the limits of the car, especially on these **** tyres rofl.

• I've recently got alloys refurbed and they're mint, should I pick up a set of 2nd hand ones? Never bothered with my Pug 205 and never marked, however these ones have a glazed dark metallic finish on them? What would be the thinking here?
Think that's about it, do you book through the site or is someone collating everything for 100% certs?:confused:

If you were going that fast through craners, you should have been blitzing pass me as I only sit at approx 100-104mph through craners and 108mph being my fastest through there. I do play it safe through there on purpose though as if it goes wrong there, its very messy. :(
In the CSL on PS2's I was quite happy to go through there at 110-112mph, it just felt safe and happy to do so, in the 911 Craners seems to really amplify that anchor out back.

No chance against a 911, I did try it once but he had so much of a power advantage it wiped the floor with me.
I do go fast through craners though, for me it is full throttle all the way from redgate to the old hairpin.
Watch from the perspective of shoes car..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNH7gWzmu4
His car is much quicker than mine too, 200kg lighter, 40hp more powerful and running R888 vs my AD08, I walk away every time ;) You will also notice however that I miss the entry to the old hairpin every time too. I don't mind though, it's a thrill ride going down craners wide open then sideways out of the hairpin :D

Quick one guys, I've not been on a track day in years (2005 was last one I did)... couple of questions...

• I may be driving like a wuss as this is the first RWD car I've owned, is there split i.e. noobs, intermediate etc or is it everyone for themselves? Just a little dubious mixing it with you guys in a car I'm not 100% using yet. Suppose we all start somewhere... just that I'll obviously be slower I think for this round until I know the limits of the car, especially on these **** tyres rofl.

• I've recently got alloys refurbed and they're mint, should I pick up a set of 2nd hand ones? Never bothered with my Pug 205 and never marked, however these ones have a glazed dark metallic finish on them? What would be the thinking here?
Think that's about it, do you book through the site or is someone collating everything for 100% certs?:confused:

On an OPL day, it's anyone on track at any time. Don't worry about mixing it, never seen a car to car collision yet, everyone is well behaved really. Don't worry about being slow, half the people are, just use your mirrors and signal faster cars to pass when you can.
Don't worry about the wheels either unless you put it in the gravel trap they will be fine. I think it was my last visit, I went off on craners at lol speed into the gravel and didn't damage the wheels really just a couple of chips on one wheel arch.

Well it's Sean Edwards driving and its obvious he is well off maximum attack but consistent lines of a pro and very easy style, which is why I shared really. Those are the lines you want to be taking in a 911 if he's taking em :D

Watched it, his lines seem very similar to what Marcus showed me and can be seen from my videos, just my car is slower. Still watching the video think I can make some minor adjustments to improve further. :)

Hay Pug, my first time on track so you won't be alone in the noob group.

I am more than happy flooring it in a straight line but thinking about how fast it can go around corners and how late I can brake scares the **** out of me!

I hope I get hooked though and sign up for every track day.

If you read Gibbo's opening post he will pay in full and take payments from us for the discounted rate.

I'm on holiday so can't attend.

Not watched the video yet, but I can tell you I've done 115 (GPS) through craners, in a sheddy old BMW. I'd be disappointed at only going 1mph faster in a GT3RS.

Your speedo is broken then. There is no way you are doing 115mph real speed. Unless you have recently fitted a supercharger of course

Am I too late to book for this?

If not, please put me down as a definite and I can send the cash over to you tomorrow morning.

Mx5 1.8 Mk2.5

Dont pay until I request please. :)

This now gives us 10 runners, are the other runns still 110% in and can pay end of this month?

Back
Top Bottom