*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

do you have the 2.0 one ? if so could you measure it up when folded for me please ? :) if you dont mind?

Thanks

It's a good 2yrs old. Think it's slightly different, I'll see if I can find the model or an old photo of when it was separate.

..yeah, I think the one you have linked above is a newer revision than mine.

PomyDg6.jpg

Last edited:
yep, certainly did consider that

but the one i linked to above is more sturdier and also can keep wheel and pedals attached when stored , also has an additional benefit of upgrading to a proper seat etc later on (when i move)

no worries, if you're anywhere near J11 M6 feel free to drop in and you can have a test sit :)

I've got the original one like glen and much to my annoyance you can't upgrade it which was the reason I bought it in the first place. Revised version looks good :)

Does it help damper sounds through the floors?
I would definitely put it on a thick rubber matting, but it will depend on how sensitive the people around you are. I have the same wheels you listed but changed pedals to heusinkveld sprints courtesy of the MM :D

Autocorrect edits :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Been trying to replicate that graphics compression issue.

It's definitely true that if it's set to a January sunny day race then the sunlight shines through a bit of haze and the track in some places experiences some fuzziness in the distance.

I've tried h264 at 400 Mbps and h265 at 250 Mbps. I think h265 has slightly less banding but the issue is still there.

It's not bad, just struggles slightly with the contrast in the hazy sunshine I think.

Is it the case that h265 can be run at lower Mbps setting for the same quality compared to h264?

Been trying to replicate that graphics compression issue.

It's definitely true that if it's set to a January sunny day race then the sunlight shines through a bit of haze and the track in some places experiences some fuzziness in the distance.

I've tried h264 at 400 Mbps and h265 at 250 Mbps. I think h265 has slightly less banding but the issue is still there.

It's not bad, just struggles slightly with the contrast in the hazy sunshine I think.

Is it the case that h265 can be run at lower Mbps setting for the same quality compared to h264?

Very high bitrate H264+ should look better overall in motion, especially the track but with it being only 8bit you get colour banding in the sky.

at the same bitrate though, both H265 and AV1 are better, and also support 10bit colour. The only reason you'd pick H264+ is to benefit from the extra bitrate, but then you'd probably need the link cable. My wifi 6e router is within touching distance and I can only hold 350mb.

It basically depends how you are connecting, and what graphics card you have.

High speed and fog are a nightmare with the quest. There's still a lot of pros and cons with these headsets at the minute.

My pico 3 is awesome and makes the january track look amazing, but the tradeoff is no edge to edge clarity, a slightly reduced fov, and having a cable attached.

Imagine a quest 3 with QLED, eye tracking and a displayport! I can dream.

Last edited:
Very high bitrate H264+ should look better overall in motion, especially the track but with it being only 8bit you get colour banding in the sky.

at the same bitrate though, both H265 and AV1 are better, and also support 10bit colour. The only reason you'd pick H264+ is to benefit from the extra bitrate, but then you'd probably need the link cable. My wifi 6e router is within touching distance and I can only hold 350mb.

It basically depends how you are connecting, and what graphics card you have.

High speed and fog are a nightmare with the quest. There's still a lot of pros and cons with these headsets at the minute.

My pico 3 is awesome and makes the january track look amazing, but the tradeoff is no edge to edge clarity, a slightly reduced fov, and having a cable attached.

Imagine a quest 3 with QLED, eye tracking and a displayport! I can dream.

I'm using wired link so only h264 and h265 are available, no AV1 over wired at the moment.

I don't have the router setup at the moment to enable me to play wirelessly with virtual desktop so I can't compare.

On flightsim, upping the bitrate too high introduced some stuttering issues. I haven't tested on AMS2 yet anything above 400 on h264 or 250 on h265, which are both fine.

The other day when we were playing I only had the bitrate set at 200 h264. So that's probably why the compression was worse. It had been fine at those settings on a sunny track but the darker hazy track required higher bitrate.

Last edited:
Just found out I have to take my eldest to Ski lessons on the 25th Jan, 5 until 7.. the drive from the ski center to home is at the very least 55 mins.. so assuming he can get out of ski gear in less than 5 mins.. I might be back at exactly 8.00pm..

To give me a bit of leaway, how do people feel about an 8.15 first race? Hopefully I should be back by then.. i'll miss the practice, but i'm not sure how that'll help anyway :)

If anyone else can't do 8.15, then i'll just skip the first round race, no worries.

Also I see we're now going for a 12 lap races? is it just a single race per "race day"? given 12 laps going to take less than 30 mins.. any thoughts about more than one race? of lesser laps??

Quite tricky these formula trainers. Remind me of the skippy!

Managed a 1.43 so far. Any tips on improving grip. Let the tyres down a bit which has helped

Back
Top Bottom