*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Might be able to get on at 8pm.

I won't be able to do every thursday though as my daughter has football training. Could only do last night because she's broken her toe but will be back in a few weeks.

I’d like to get in on this if possible. I’ve just had my first proper run using a Quest 2 and had a few practice laps of the circuit. I’d definitely be another back marker; I’d say 95% of my laps end in a crash! But would be fun to try.

I’ve never really done online though so may need some help with that side of things too. Do I need anything for the voice chat? I have the oculus quest but nothing with a mic; unless the quest does?

I’m finding the game crashing quite a bit recently; has anyone else had this? Especially when coming out of car setup.

I’d like to get in on this if possible. I’ve just had my first proper run using a Quest 2 and had a few practice laps of the circuit. I’d definitely be another back marker; I’d say 95% of my laps end in a crash! But would be fun to try.

I’ve never really done online though so may need some help with that side of things too. Do I need anything for the voice chat? I have the oculus quest but nothing with a mic; unless the quest does?

I’m finding the game crashing quite a bit recently; has anyone else had this? Especially when coming out of car setup.

More the merrier.. !! so welcome!! (unless you're good in which case bugger off ;) )

Join the discord in post 1, (you'll need to install discord, but that also serves as your voice comms!)...

we have practice sessions at various points before race days so plenty of time to get setup on the online side of things..

And none of us bite.. (although there may be some swearing .. i apologise in advance :) )

R.

More the merrier.. !! so welcome!! (unless you're good in which case bugger off ;) )

Join the discord in post 1, (you'll need to install discord, but that also serves as your voice comms!)...

we have practice sessions at various points before race days so plenty of time to get setup on the online side of things..

And none of us bite.. (although there may be some swearing .. i apologise in advance :) )

R.
Not true. @SimonRigga does bite

what are you using for connection, steam link, oculus wired/wireless or virtual desktop?

Last edited:
Oculus wired. I open a link on the oculus, then open the desktop on it and then use that to open the game via steam

Feels a bit clunky but seems to work well enough
I use steam link (app in oculus store) it runs better for me than oculus air link, few of the guys use virtual desktop, either might be worth a shot.

Does it fail the same in pancake mode?

I use steam link (app in oculus store) it runs better for me than oculus air link, few of the guys use virtual desktop, either might be worth a shot.

Does it fail the same in pancake mode?

Sorry, should have been clear that the crashes were in both vr and non-vr mode.

Just a general increase in crashes vs a couple of weeks ago when I last played.

Back
Top Bottom