*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

I would love to give something like this a go. But I am really, really bad at car racing games. I don't have any of the games mentioned, I don't have a wheel or a controller. Can't remember the last car game I played, GTA V I think. As part of the hangout crew we tried the Kart racing in Rec Room, it was terrible.

Which game are you most likely to go with?

The Thursday night is great as it's the only night of the week that suits me. Unless Saturday or Sunday at the weekend.
I don't think you can be any worse than me and I've got a wheel and (really cheap) simrig.... :D

Looks like everyone's got AMS2 which is very cheap on CD Keys. Other than that, Assetto Corsa is a must-buy due to the sheer amount of content it has.

Come join, the more the merrier :)

I would love to give something like this a go. But I am really, really bad at car racing games. I don't have any of the games mentioned, I don't have a wheel or a controller. Can't remember the last car game I played, GTA V I think. As part of the hangout crew we tried the Kart racing in Rec Room, it was terrible.

Which game are you most likely to go with?

The Thursday night is great as it's the only night of the week that suits me. Unless Saturday or Sunday at the weekend.

mate I'm terrible lol

AMS2 is great in VR and around £5 from cdkeys. You'll at least need a wheel and pedals though.

I'll post up a video tomorrow so you can have a look.

is it going to be strict no TC or ABS with manual gears?

Just fitted some little round rumbly things to my pedals so I'm set.
I'll post up a video tomorrow so you can have a look.
I uploaded one last night to see how the Varjo recorded. I can't seem to get it to record Nvidia performance overlay for some weird reason.

Classic Red Bull Ring (from a time before Red Bull)

I'm guessing we'll have to be on discord to swear at talk to each other as it looks like various headset in use?

Yeah, I was looking at that last night. That's a bit crap. I made a discord last week just in case though.
It's a shame it's not built into the game.

Should have some time a bit later today to set up a practice session. Just drop in if you fancy it.

Keep an eye on post 1, I post any updates and links to that.

is it going to be strict no TC or ABS with manual gears?

I'm beginning to suspect some of you are hardened racers..

It's going to be total lol's with no ABS or TC for me anyway..

Does manual gears make things easier?

Not that I should worry, the only time I will see another car is as you all lap me :)

I haven't even got a team mate to shout at :)

Yeah, manual gears are what you should be using if you want proper control of the car. That obviously doesn't mean you need a manual H shifter or anything :D
Arbitrarily disabling TC/ABS in cars that actually have those features for the sake of being hardcore would be silly.

@SimonRigga I find manual gears are easier as you kind of get an idea turn 1 second gear, turn 2 third, turn 3 first etc. if I auto it I tend to go in too fast on corners if that makes sense.

I'm also carp as well :D

Last edited:
Just realised the Aero doesn't have a mic on it. Does anyone know if it can plug those TRRS 3.5mm jacks and have a headset/mic directly plugged in or will I need to use some USB headset?

Last edited:
So i've installed AMS2 all 106gb of it :)

What's best to do?? jump into that formula junior car thing?? (as mentioned in the op?) and blast around a few tracks?? (I say blast it will be more like see if I can stay on the tarmac for more than a single corner :) )

or just concentrate on one track.. say Brands Hatch? see if I can learn the track? ( whats a reasonable 1 lap time around brands hatch?!? )

thx. R.

So i've installed AMS2 all 106gb of it :)

What's best to do?? jump into that formula junior car thing?? (as mentioned in the op?) and blast around a few tracks?? (I say blast it will be more like see if I can stay on the tarmac for more than a single corner :) )

or just concentrate on one track.. say Brands Hatch? see if I can learn the track? ( whats a reasonable 1 lap time around brands hatch?!? )

thx. R.
It's not the easiest car to get along with tbh.
You can go into the time trial section and race other people's ghosts to get an idea of pace.

What's best to do?? j
Try a P4 class, turn the assists to "Authentic" , turn off all the track rules and whatever, custom race on a UK tracks with another 10 cars. Follow the car in front. brake the moment you see their red light come on or just before the spot they brake on the track. Keep your eyes open for tire marks on the track as they're brake points. Try and hit all the rumble curb things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom