*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Tried to find you earlier, around about 19.45-8 ish to no avail. I'm up for the series in the new year anyway, though i might have to miss Silverstone. I get selective on what AMS2 DLC i buy, buying the same ole tracks like monza and silverstone over again goes beyond all willing.

Tried to find you earlier, around about 19.45-8 ish to no avail. I'm up for the series in the new year anyway, though i might have to miss Silverstone. I get selective on what AMS2 DLC i buy, buying the same ole tracks like monza and silverstone over again goes beyond all willing.

Some technical issues to start with but we managed it in the end

So I got a racing car game under mysterious circumstances :p It's Automobilista 2 and it's currently downloading on Steam.

Is it really impossible to play using a controller? Is it that much of a disadvantage? All that will happen is that I will finish last with a wheel or more last if using a controller!! :D

So I got a racing car game under mysterious circumstances :p It's Automobilista 2 and it's currently downloading on Steam.

Is it really impossible to play using a controller? Is it that much of a disadvantage? All that will happen is that I will finish last with a wheel or more last if using a controller!! :D
I used to play it with a gamepad controller before I got my wheel. It was fine. No problem imho.

Just turned a few laps, 0.5 away from Mr Spangles. It'll be a lot of fun racing these things when it gets dicey, i for one will be throwing the car out looking for stupid racing lines that don't exist:)

Just turned a few laps, 0.5 away from Mr Spangles. It'll be a lot of fun racing these things when it gets dicey, i for one will be throwing the car out looking for stupid racing lines that don't exist:)
I confess to being Mr Spangles. Just popped on the other day to check out the car and do a few laps.
Takes a bit of learning, that thing! Not the most noob friendly.

It's more resisting the temptation to throw the car out and send it sidewards. So much fun, but oh so wrong.

Come race time it'll be happening a lot, especially down the hill in T1.

Probably won't be able to join you lot but had a quick spin out of interest. Got down to a 39:5 in half an hour or so, after I'd accidently spent some time practicing in the advanced model :p Easily more time to be had if I could just hook up a clean lap, will try again later as was only just off the top of the time trial leaderboard.

My advice for anyone struggling would be:
shorten the final drive one click
clutch isn't required but blip on downshifts to avoid rear locking
keep some throttle on while turning in unless you really want a lot of rotation
the three right handers out the back after deer leap can all be taken in third gear
try to avoid sliding at all costs, a car with such little power really requires you to keep the momentum up

Had my first go at AMS2 last night. Used the car mentioned in the OP and drove on the Brand's Hatch track. Oh, yes, using an xbox controller.

Played for almost an hour, I had to stop as I was getting queasy in my stomach. Hopefully that will wear off as I get my racing VR legs under me.

What was the session like? Pretty rubbish to be honest :) In the whole hour I only managed to complete one lap(1.56) In fact you might as well just call me the lawnmower man, as I spent most of the time driving up and down the grass on the side of the track. :p

In my defence, I was using an old Xbox 360 controller that I hadn't used in years and the triggers were a bit spotty, especially the left trigger. Going to try it with my Xbox series X controller next time.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say thanks to Mr.Cookie and SimonRigga for helping(mocking) me yesterday. Their encouraging laughter really brought comfort to me as they lapped me again and again and again. :cry:

Last edited:
Had my first go at AMS2 last night. Used the car mentioned in the OP and drove on the Brand's Hatch track. Oh, yes, using an xbox controller.

Played for almost an hour, I had to stop as I was getting queasy in my stomach. Hopefully that will wear off as I get my racing VR legs under me.

What was the session like? Pretty rubbish to be honest :) In the whole hour I only managed to complete one lap(1.56) In fact you might as well just call me the lawnmower man, as I spent most of the time driving up and down the grass on the side of the track. :p

In my defence, I was using an old Xbox 360 controller that I hadn't used in years and the triggers were a bit spotty, especially the left trigger. Going to try it with my Xbox series X controller next time.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say thanks to Mr.Cookie and SimonRigga for helping(mocking) me yesterday. Their encouraging laughter really brought comfort to me as they lapped me again and again and again. :cry:

so long as you had fun that's all that matters

to be fair i don't think any of us faired much better :D

is that the track with the bollards on every corner which the AI cars just drive through? they really should remove them for my sanity.
Now you'll see it and it'll do your head in too.
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom