*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

Laps - 12
Drivers Aids - Authentic
Damage - Off
Tyre Wear - Off
Fuel - Authentic

says nothing about engine/oil temps..

@ShiWarrior is asking as he closed the air vents.. and had high oil temps.. and wondered if that was going to affect anything in the race..

but as damage is off.. then shirley your engine is safe?
I'm not sure there's a setting for those, I'll need to check. I had a warning in practice though when I closed the vents too much.

Steamlink should require less processing as it uses foveated rendering (your peripheral vision is rendered at a lower resolution). This is good for those who need extra fps, but you can't turn it off.

This is ultimately why I switched back to virtual desktop. In fact, for quest 3 users, vd is the only way to render at the native resolution. Even quest link, or airlink only goes up to 1.5x and 1.7x is needed for true 1:1 (3072x3216 should be reported in performance overlay or fpsvr).

Don't think there's a pico app for steamlink though, and I wouldn't hold out for one either. If you need more fps, depending on game, openxr toolkit is a good idea. AMS2 has a bug though for quest users where no matter what you do, it forces the use of the quest runtime, which is another reason I moved back to vd.

Last edited:
***** CONGRATULATIONS *****
******* RACE WINNER *******
********* Greboth *********

Greboth won round 2 of the OcUK VR Sim Racing 2024 Championship at Cadwell Park

Full Race Results

Greboth - 25 +1 Fastest Lap
kevman - 18
glenimp617 - 15
DangerousDan - 12
mrcookie73 - 10
RevBillyG - 8
R1gg4 - 6
$hi - 4
OllieH82 - 2
Bacon_Sandwich - 1
smith_mikej - 0

Huge thanks to all those who participated in tonights event!

Last edited:
Ha, yeah. That pretty bad thing will be my natural skill coming through :D

I got caught out by only having done time trials I think and I couldn't keep the car on track. Also didnt help getting interrupted at home a couple of times; but that's a poor excuse! Not enough practice really. Hopefully I'll get some more in for the next race and I won't concentrate on single lap time trials like this time. I'm pretty new to sim racing and this was my first online multiplayer type thing, so it's all good fun for me - Although I'd rather have not been last or lapped :cry:

That's exactly how we all were in the first race. Hammered the time trials, then went sideways in the race :cry:

I see you guys play ACC a lot. I like it enough, well the gt4's feel good on there, but in VR the cars feel and look... seperate from the road. IDK I don't want to preach, but when I tried iracing for the first time it was quite a revelation. It felt like I was finally driving a car. AMS2 looks the part, and it's fun, but it doesn't quite nail the feel. IDK I really **** with iracing. I even think it looks the best, just because of clarity. I can get away with 1.4 in debug and it legitimately looks like a computer monitor clarity in the quest 3, which I honestly thought was years away when I was on the quest 2.

I'm a big fan of iracing, and yeah, it feels so much better, but it's very expensive. Hopefully assetto corsa 2 bridges the gap.

There is a huge difference in skill in getting that extra 1sec a lap, or even that last few extra hundredths of a second. Greboth did a 1:35.1 just before the race!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom