*** OcUK VR Sim Racing Thread ***

looks like i might be getting a T300 RS GT Edition
made an offer at auction, his counter offer was a lot lower than his original price, so i made another counter offer (slightly less than his offer) i should get it for that, brand new unit (only used over xmas) for £255 + £10 postage (if i win)

i won it

its on its way :)

There's also a few of those next level racing stands being sold on ebay. You might pick up a bargain.

i don't use discord, i use Oculus /Meta chat, but do we need comms ? i guess we do to get things going then, when race start people won't want to talk?

are doing Qualifying or anything ?

No quali, I think we said a while back it would keep things mixed up a bit. We don't want the same person doing a max verstappen every race.
More chance for the back markers to take them out :cry:

bit of a problem we encounter tonight

we set a Practice, Qualy and then a race

once started practice , you cant join, but you could on the Qualy

so for some people if they cant make BEFORE practice starts, they cant join

Should be a server setting. People joined in the middle of practice ok a few days ago.

***** CONGRATULATIONS *****
******* RACE WINNER *******
********* OllieH82 *********

OllieH82 won round 1 of the OcUK VR Sim Racing 2024 Championship at Brands Hatch

Full Race Results

OllieH82 - 25
R1gg4 - 18
mrcookie73 - 15
DangerousDan - 12
Kevman - 10
glenimp617 - 8
Nutsnut - 6
RevBillyG - 4
$hi - 2
Bacon_Sandwich - [DNF] +1 Fastest Lap

Huge thanks to all those who participated in tonights event!

Last edited:
Well I had an eventful race (surprise, surprise!). Spun on lap 1 at turn three, then did the exact same thing again on lap 3. Managed to race back into position 3, and was hunting down 2nd before running out of fuel on lap 11. Had to pit, came out and finished 6th lol

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Now that the first race is out of the way, here's a few initial thoughts....

Firstly, the server worked, everyone got connected and was able to race [tick]
People showed up! [tick]
Discord chat seemed ok [tick]
Just-Race recorded all the results and timings [tick]
The combination of driver aids, damage, fuel and choice of car made for an interesting and entertaining race [tick]
12 laps seemed ideal, not too short, not too long. Enough time to recover from a mistake [tick]
Drivers were able to have their own individual battles, the results were unexpected and nobody seemed out on their own for very long [tick]

Improvements and changes....

Having only one race per month comes with a few downsides. Not everyone is able to make the race due to other commitments, nor does it reward those who put in hours of practice only to then have one bad race!
Not everyone likes the car, it's not best suited to wet races, and could get boring.

I propose to hold official races every Thursday. This rewards those who not only race well, but regularly participates as this is nothing without the drivers.
The car will be changed throughtout the season, not too many times so to give everyone a chance to learn its characteristics.

See post 1 for details.

Back
Top Bottom