OCUK's new website

Soldato
It's the Caseking site with a different colour scheme.... Why.. I don't.... The **** are you guys doing? O.o (Just open up CK site and OC sites in tabs, and quickly flick between them.. It's like getting OCUK translated into German instantly :( )
The old site was significantly better, easier to navigate, less busy, less offensive to the eyes in general.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just seen the new site today and first impressions isnt good, seems harder to navigate and find what your after, the colour scheme is like its out of the early 90s and if what i read above is true and its been 2 years in the making somebody needs shooting!

I used to always use the site to compare and find products i wanted, but now i will look else where as their site is easier to navigate, before was simplistic but user friendly - which i preferred.

Soldato
Constructive feedback:

Please could you add more search options in the product filtering? . For example, if im searching for a monitor my only options are size and brand.

Ideally would be great to search for curved, res, response etc after I select the size or brand... and cant be that hard to implement via tags surely?

KoM

KoM

Permabanned
The only issue's I have are the same ones I had with the old one, the prices.
OCUK are not competitive on the majority of products. Would use them more often if they were.

Permabanned
I don't like the new website. Week deal after the clicking was in the form of cool list now need to click into categories. Categories as an option, it would be good. Similar too much to the Scan.

Associate
I don't dislike the idea of the redesign as the old site was looking a little dated but have to agree with the general sentiment that the new site is too busy and probably should have been in some kind of beta before being rolled out.

Here are my suggestions for the front page:

• Move the community engagement Icons (Twitter, Facebook, etc) to the top next to the business button and delete the Community engagement text.
  • Simplify the Forum button and move it to the top next to the Twitter Facebook icons. Make the Forum button red if need to empathize.
  • Move the PC Configurator next to the Banner to a button a square button (see below)
  • Shift the Visit our store and Contact us right over the removed forum icon.
  • Change the main navigation buttons for departments (PC Systems, Laptops & Tablets) from Silver to Blue like the buttons below.
  • Move blue buttons (offers, Top sellers, etc) to the square buttons like the PC system, Laptop buttons. Have a two tier system of 6 on 6 (Row 1: PC Systems, Laptops, PC Components, Case & Modding, Monitors, PC Configurator - Row 2: Offers, Top sellers, New, Highlights, 8 Pack, Brands)
  • Following removal of blue buttons extend red colour scheme from search bar across.
  • Remove repetition in the Square Boxes, as currently it says PC Systems in Blue above the image and then PC Systems in black below.
  • Move the Newsletter sign up Box into the Contact Box at the bottom of the page.
  • Reduce the horizontal spacing in the Shop Service and Information Box near the bottom.
  • Reduce the spacing between the Shop Service / Information, Flagship Brand stores and Top Categories boxes.

By no means am I an expert in website design just some ideas that I think would clean up some of the busy areas (less is more) and offer more relevance to key OCUK selling points (Offers / 8 Pack).

I do hope your web developers are not hiding in a corner somewhere the website is not bad it just needs some more work.

Last edited:
Soldato
The grey band needs sorting out at the top. That should be THE clearest part of the webpage - the part with each category for components etc.

The grey doesn't stand out on the page and it's hard to read the black text which isn't even bold?

Don
I don't dislike the idea of the redesign as the old site was looking a little dated but have to agree with the general sentiment that the new site is too busy and probably should have been in some kind of beta before being rolled out.

• Move the community engagement Icons (Twitter, Facebook, etc) to the top next to the business button and delete the Community engagement text.
  • Simplify the Forum button and move it to the top next to the Twitter Facebook icons. Make the Forum button red if need to empathize.
  • Move the PC Configurator next to the Banner to a button a square button (see below)
  • Change the main navigation buttons for departments (PC Systems, Laptops & Tablets) from Silver to Blue like the buttons below.
  • Move blue buttons (offers, Top sellers, etc) to the square buttons like the PC system, Laptop buttons. Have a two tier system of 6 on 6 (Row 1: PC Systems, Laptops, PC Components, Case & Modding, Monitors, PC Configurator - Row 2: Offers, Top sellers, New, Highlights, 8 Pack, Brands)
  • Following removal of blue buttons extend red colour scheme from search bar across.
  • Remove repetition in the Square Boxes, as currently it says PC Systems in Blue above the image and then PC Systems in black below.
  • Move the Newsletter sign up Box into the Contact Box at the bottom of the page.
  • Reduce the horizontal spacing in the Shop Service and Information Box near the bottom.
  • Reduce the spacing between the Shop Service / Information, Flagship Brand stores and Top Categories boxes.

By no means am I an expert in website design just some ideas that I think would clean up some of the busy areas (less is more) and offer more relevance to key OCUK selling points (Offers / 8 Pack).

I do hope your web developers are not hiding in a corner somewhere the website is not bad it just needs some more work.

Any chance of knocking a draft of this up in photoshop etc as sounds perfect

Associate
I kept my comments to myself for a few days to see if I changed my mind.

I still tend to think it is too "busy" but, what's happened has happened and isn't going to get changed back.

I've used a lot worst it has to be said, still feels a little sluggish thou. ?

OcUK Staff
We are listening to all feedback, we will make changes over time. We may not implement all suggestions, but if there are serious bugs, or suggestions that are rather repetitive from various users, then we will be likely changing this. :)

I just cannot make any promises right now.

Associate
There is still a div called 'ck_sideribbon', 2 years for a copy-paste job of the CaseKing site?

I am not too keen on the site with first impressions however I will let it sit and see if it grows on me. Will feedback more if I ever have anything more constructive to say :)

Associate

Ha thanks unfortunately I don't think i could do it justice in MS Paint as i don't have photoshop so won't attempt it :D If someone who does has Photoshop fancies doing a mock up of my suggestions I would love to see it.

Thanks for the message 5UB its good that OCUK are keeping an eye on threads like this. I think the website is a good basis just needs dialing back a notch or two and a bit of rationalization.

Don

Got bored so had a go at most of the above suggestions myself - sure others could do better.

y5a8Wda.png

Ha thanks unfortunately I don't think i could do it justice in MS Paint as i don't have photoshop so won't attempt it :D If someone who does has Photoshop fancies doing a mock up of my suggestions I would love to see it.

As above - I don't have Photoshop, but had a quick go in Paint.Net

Associate
We are listening to all feedback, we will make changes over time. We may not implement all suggestions, but if there are serious bugs, or suggestions that are rather repetitive from various users, then we will be likely changing this. :)

I just cannot make any promises right now.

glad to see it's being listen to as my first impression was it was a redirected to a fake site selling junk and left, on second visit it's not so bad, but no where near as good as the classic old version either, which imo was easier to get around and didn't make your eyes bleed with such strong colours used, while all things change over time, and nothing stays the same for long, while i can put up and get used to windows 10 as i can change that myself, with no way of changing the main shopping page ourselves with a skin etc, as it is, i'm sorry to say it's a step backwards :( sorry 48 years old and can cope mind you as i've seen worse, just adding another opinion that's all.

Sgarrista
Commissario
After having a poke around some of my friends in the forum world... I think I know what they're planning for the forums.

God help us if its right :(

Soldato
After having a poke around some of my friends in the forum world... I think I know what they're planning for the forums.

God help us if its right :(

Nevermind if they do really. It'd be a pretty stupid move to make the forum naff when it saves them a lot of support calls and undoubtedly generates them a lot of revenue.

A lot of forum members offer advice and assistance which leads to purchases or saves support calls.

Back
Top Bottom