*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Can't wait for the new universal cloud backups. I really need to factory reset my headset as it's not remembering the different guardian areas for the rooms in my house, but I can't do that and risk losing all my saves. I have nearly 80 apps so that's a lot of save files to lose...

Soldato
Can't wait for the new universal cloud backups. I really need to factory reset my headset as it's not remembering the different guardian areas for the rooms in my house, but I can't do that and risk losing all my saves. I have nearly 80 apps so that's a lot of save files to lose...
Hmm i never thought about this, is this just for games installed on the quest 2? Steam games etc would be saved on the pc right?

Soldato
Hmm i never thought about this, is this just for games installed on the quest 2? Steam games etc would be saved on the pc right?

Yeah just for Quest 2. Many games have cloud saves, but a lot don't - the old system was you had to specifically support them. The new system works with all apps unless they opt out.

Given that Oculus support's solution to 90% of problems is a factory reset (and 64gb users need to factory reset to install Medal of Honor!) this is a much needed feature.

Soldato
Yeah just for Quest 2. Many games have cloud saves, but a lot don't - the old system was you had to specifically support them. The new system works with all apps unless they opt out.

Given that Oculus support's solution to 90% of problems is a factory reset (and 64gb users need to factory reset to install Medal of Honor!) this is a much needed feature.
Wait what?! I had no idea i had to do that for medal of honor! Glad i got it on PC steam version then! What a pain in the arse!

Soldato
Wait what?! I had no idea i had to do that for medal of honor! Glad i got it on PC steam version then! What a pain in the arse!

Medal of Honor is so large it won't fit on the 64GB quest 2 unless there's no other apps on it. Sometimes due to files left behind the only way to get enough space is to factory reset! I bet the 128gb Quest 2 is a direct result of that!

Soldato

Why don't you use SideQuest? It's what I use to backup my games/saves if I have to do a Factory Reset.

Associate
Noticed on my Occulus account that I was eligible for a replacement facial interface (had checked some months ago and, according to my serial number, I wasn't so something must have changed).
Put a request in and, 2 days later, it was in my post box.
Great bit of service :)
Doubt I'll ever use it mind ;)

Soldato
Yeah any updates will inform you as and when...
Not always, mine never updated after waiting weeks and weeks so i ended up doing it manually following a guide. You just need to make sure your source is reliable and the file you download is from a legitimate place. I used a popular youtuber who detailed on how to update for the link in the description in his video and it worked fine.

Associate
Medal of Honor is so large it won't fit on the 64GB quest 2 unless there's no other apps on it. Sometimes due to files left behind the only way to get enough space is to factory reset! I bet the 128gb Quest 2 is a direct result of that!
Wow never knew that, that's insane! Glad I went for the 256gb now!

Soldato
Wow never knew that, that's insane! Glad I went for the 256gb now!
I bought the 256gb too, and very glad I did. At the time lots of people were saying it was a waste of money, but I knew that games would get bigger, and that it always makes sense to go for more storage as it's not upgradable.

Back
Top Bottom