*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Walkabout Mini Golf is excellent, however Golf games aren't so good. There are some fun ones but last time I check, none of them are very realistic.

Eleven Table Tennis however, is a must buy VR game. It's the game that I use when I am demo'ing VR to friends/family etc. Even if they don't like or play table tennis they are still blown away by how real it feels. Even had VR naysayers who changed their tune after trying it.

Oh and just in case you didn't realise, but, Oculus has a refund option just like Steam. So if you buy a game on the Quest 2 and don't like it you can return it for a full refund. Two conditions, you have to return it inside 14 days and you have to have played it for less than 2 hours.

I'm going to try golf+ and see how it goes.Seemingly it's had some updates recently and got decent reviews.

If I dont like it,I wil indeed get a refund.

Caporegime
How are you finding the table tennis?

Only played for half an hour or so but it’s amazing, I used to do a bit of TT back in the day and it’s so lifelike it’s almost unbelievable. Even the attention to detail on the paddle is impressive, if you angle it to shine against the light you can see all the dimples in the rubber!

Glad you are enjoying it. Good choice of games to start out on :)

As for motion sickness. You can get used to it. Just don't try to push through it. The second you start to feel nauseous, stop playing, take off the headset and go do something else for a while. When you are fully recovered go back and play the game again. I know it doesn't sound like it, but, this is actually the quickest way to get over motion sickness in VR.

IF you try to push through you will only make it worse. You are actually training your brain to associate VR with motion sickness.

Thanks for the advice and yeah you’re spot on, with PSVR I figured you’d just battle through it until you got used to it, big mistake, I felt rough for days!

Quick, short spells are in order and only easy going games on the menu for the time being! :)

Associate
Only played for half an hour or so but it’s amazing, I used to do a bit of TT back in the day and it’s so lifelike it’s almost unbelievable. Even the attention to detail on the paddle is impressive, if you angle it to shine against the light you can see all the dimples in the rubber!

Thanks for the advice and yeah you’re spot on, with PSVR I figured you’d just battle through it until you got used to it, big mistake, I felt rough for days!

Quick, short spells are in order and only easy going games on the menu for the time being! :)
Is that Eleven Table Tennis? It's such a good game! Multiplayer in the same room is even better!

Associate
So fired up Quest 2 for first time last night. Second VR device after a Gear VR in 2017.

My first impression was not actually that positive. The resolution is not as good as I was hoping for. It doesn't seem a lot different to the Gear VR tbh for watching Netflix and videos in general. I am very picky though perhaps.

Is it me or is it just a little blurry / unfocused in general? My eyesight is good and no glasses. It just seems like it could do with an option to manually focus it like the Gear VR had. The IPD toggle thing might help. I left it on 1. Will try 2 later.

I was starting to get impressed when I started looking at VR art though.. and the whole guardian region is very cool once set up. I also set up a sofa in experimental features and am glad that is an option as it works well for alternating between sitting and standing.

For video consumption I think it is a gimmick of a device. But guess the focus for it is gaming and social elements. Excited to try minigolf and VR chat tonight!

Caporegime
So fired up Quest 2 for first time last night. Second VR device after a Gear VR in 2017.

My first impression was not actually that positive. The resolution is not as good as I was hoping for. It doesn't seem a lot different to the Gear VR tbh for watching Netflix and videos in general. I am very picky though perhaps.

Is it me or is it just a little blurry / unfocused in general? My eyesight is good and no glasses. It just seems like it could do with an option to manually focus it like the Gear VR had. The IPD toggle thing might help. I left it on 1. Will try 2 later.

I was starting to get impressed when I started looking at VR art though.. and the whole guardian region is very cool once set up. I also set up a sofa in experimental features and am glad that is an option as it works well for alternating between sitting and standing.

For video consumption I think it is a gimmick of a device. But guess the focus for it is gaming and social elements. Excited to try minigolf and VR chat tonight!

IPD is definitely something that can help, there's an iOS app (possibly Android as well?) called 'Eye Measure' that will tell you what your IPD is so you can set it accordingly. Outside of that, I've noticed if the headset doesn't sit perfectly vertically I get a bit of blurriness, takes some adjusting to get it just right in my limited experience.

Soldato

I would get your IPD measured and set that right first. You can get an app for most phones, or google how to measure it yourself.

Second, it's important to get it sitting right on your head. The stock strap sometimes doesn't hold the headset in the right place for some people. Also some people don't realise the headset can be tilted so that you move it closer to your eyes. Which helps a lot with the focus/clarity.

Second, Netflix isn't very good in VR. It's not surprising to me that Netflix looks the same on Gear VR as the Quest 2. It might even look worse on the Quest 2 as it's upscaling. Try some higher resolution videos on the Quest 2.

You are right, the focus is on gaming and social. And you should love Walkabout mini golf. Definitely one of the best games in VR. Make sure you play it with some people.

Soldato
Netflix app is 360p! It's not been updated since the Oculus Go days, and a lot of users have been asking for it to be upgraded.
Amazon Prime app has much better image quality, and you can watch Disney+ in HD using the Oculus web browser.
Alternatively you can use Virtual Desktop to stream Netflix from your PC.

Associate

Agree with everyone else on this, Netflix app sucks and it may take some adjusting on your head to get it sitting just right. It definitely is a lot higher res and better looking than gear vr

Soldato

If you get it right the image should be quite sharp (lack of contrast/poor black levels are what bug me about it in some games). Aside from adjusting for IPD, when it's on your head try moving it around with your hands and see if the image improves when it is closer to or further from your face. I'm using the included strap and find that I need to have the adjustment pulled quite tight to get the headset to sit so the image is in focus.

Soldato
You dont really buy a VR headset though for Netflix and videos. Okay it looks nice sitting in a VR movie theatre watching a movie but its not really a reason to mark the Quest 2 as a negative first experience just because Netflix is poor :)

@Phonesis come back and report when you have played some VR games and then you will find your experience amazing ;) Pity you didnt ask someone for a referral code you could have got £25 credit towards some games.

Back
Top Bottom