*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Enjoying jumping in random servers playing Pavlov shak but would love a bit more structure and team play. Is it worth getting Pavlov on PC to get this or is Onward going to be a better choice for that?

New to VR so would be good to get some ocuk friends on my list username is doolatron

Soldato
Enjoying jumping in random servers playing Pavlov shak but would love a bit more structure and team play. Is it worth getting Pavlov on PC to get this or is Onward going to be a better choice for that?

New to VR so would be good to get some ocuk friends on my list username is doolatron

Join us on the Hangout thread. We currently run a regular meet on Monday evenings, but just post there whenever your available and what you fancy playing, and maybe someone will join you if they can.

Caporegime
Do the store bundles refresh every week? I see there's a timer on there for the two sports ones to end today, wondering if they were a one off thing over Xmas or a regular sale?

Associate

I've got Pavlov PCVR and it's good, although no story that I can find? Online servers connect fast and easy and the graphics are pretty decent. I recently bought Onward, the standalone version, and refunded it. Lots about it was good except for the graphics, I could barely see the enemy further away due to the poor resolution. I was about to buy the PCVR version of it but have now heard that it has been dumbed down graphically because of cross-play. I miss being able to sit my bi-pod on a wall though! lol

Associate
So fired up Quest 2 for first time last night. Second VR device after a Gear VR in 2017.

My first impression was not actually that positive. The resolution is not as good as I was hoping for. It doesn't seem a lot different to the Gear VR tbh for watching Netflix and videos in general. I am very picky though perhaps.

Is it me or is it just a little blurry / unfocused in general? My eyesight is good and no glasses. It just seems like it could do with an option to manually focus it like the Gear VR had. The IPD toggle thing might help. I left it on 1. Will try 2 later.

I was starting to get impressed when I started looking at VR art though.. and the whole guardian region is very cool once set up. I also set up a sofa in experimental features and am glad that is an option as it works well for alternating between sitting and standing.

For video consumption I think it is a gimmick of a device. But guess the focus for it is gaming and social elements. Excited to try minigolf and VR chat tonight!

The FOV is pretty narrow on the Quest 2 but I have found a decent halo style headband is crucial as it allows fine adjustment and also doesn't pull the headset against your face, so no more marks! lol

Soldato
The FOV is pretty narrow on the Quest 2 but I have found a decent halo style headband is crucial as it allows fine adjustment and also doesn't pull the headset against your face, so no more marks! lol

It's narrow, but, It's something you get used to and stop noticing. I think for people with two headsets, and switch between the Quest 2 and the other headset, that the FOV would bother them a lot more.

Associate
You dont really buy a VR headset though for Netflix and videos. Okay it looks nice sitting in a VR movie theatre watching a movie but its not really a reason to mark the Quest 2 as a negative first experience just because Netflix is poor :)

@Phonesis come back and report when you have played some VR games and then you will find your experience amazing ;) Pity you didnt ask someone for a referral code you could have got £25 credit towards some games.

I did try to use a referral code but couldn't get it to work. Gave up.

So yes gotta say far more impressed now after using it a lot more. I set it to mode 2 for the IDP and that was far better for me. Walkabout Minigolf is absolutely incredible. I was blown away. Worth the price alone! Realise now that the Netflix app was the real issue due to low res. Amazing they don't increase it. Surprising.

So yes, loving it now and very impressed.

Associate
It's narrow, but, It's something you get used to and stop noticing. I think for people with two headsets, and switch between the Quest 2 and the other headset, that the FOV would bother them a lot more.
Yeah you notice if you're looking and thinking about it but once playing it kind of falls away

Soldato

Yep I have an Index as well as a Quest 2, and the FOV reduction is really noticable when going from Index to Quest 2.
Mind you the resolution drop, particually the SDE is really noticable when going back to Index from Quest 2. Swings and roundabouts!

Soldato
Cheers, I've ordered the elite strap. Heard good things but few stories about them breaking. Currently on the stock strap and find it ok but not quite as good as the Rift.

Any recommendations for games?

Current playing through RE4.

Have purchased Sniper Elite, Walking Dead S&S and Crisis VRigade 2.

Associate
Cheers, I've ordered the elite strap. Heard good things but few stories about them breaking. Currently on the stock strap and find it ok but not quite as good as the Rift.

Pretty sure the elite straps sold now fixed the breaking issues

Caporegime

Walkabout mini golf and Eleven table tennis are must buys imo.

Back
Top Bottom