*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Thanks for the responses. I did try the beat saber demo.

I just had a 2 hour stint with alyx. Truly next gen. Using blink and snap turns seem to have dampened my nausea. I'm only day 3 and slowly improving.

I was definitely looking at bastion. Is the online population plenty?

I tried out echo multiplayer in prep for lone echo. I seemed to manage it ok. Probably because all movement is done by your arms and head.

Got my eye in the pirate space invader game.

My options are slowly opening up.

Last edited:
Associate
Got this, this morning:

We are reaching out to inform you that we won't be able to ship your Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery and Carrying Case by the estimated ship date. We are investigating some customer quality reports and while we believe this is affecting a very small percentage of Elite Strap accessories, it's important to us that we're always providing our customers with the highest-quality experience possible with our products, so we've temporarily paused on shipping inventory from our distribution centers while we look into this.

If you would like to keep your order despite the shipping delay, please let us know by contacting Oculus Support. If you request that we keep your order and fill it later, you still have the right to cancel the order at any time before we ship it to you.

So, clearly they are worried about it. That said, they link to Oculus Support main page and there's nowhere obvious to actually contact them...Rather than linking straight to the support ticket page.

Got this, this morning:

So, clearly they are worried about it. That said, they link to Oculus Support main page and there's nowhere obvious to actually contact them...Rather than linking straight to the support ticket page.

I was planning to get one this month but I think I will wait. As I mostly play sitting down, the headset doesn't seem to move or anything. It just feels less premium than the Rift did.

Soldato
I picked up the Elite Battery Strap on the weekend (Highstreet catalogue place seems to have 1 or 2 turn up locally every few days, just check at 6:00AM in the morning!)..

It's a very well integrated experience, the extra battery showing in the HMD status so you can check both headset and extended battery whilst playing, and the charge LED on the HMD is shared for both, so you only need to plug the charge cable in to the battery pack and it'll charge both and only turn green when both are full.

I still baulk at the cost, the case is nice (A touch small IMO) but the fact you can't tell the battery is there and get at least double the play time before reaching for the power bank as a backup is great.. All I need is the VR Cover as I prefer pleather which is more easily cleanable..

the other item that has proven useful is the AMVR silicon lens protector rings, I can finally play with my glasses in VR, something I've never been able to do in my other headsets, although I still prefer the freedom of contact lenses, they just dry out a bit too easily..

Soldato
I've just ordered a cheap chinese copy of the elite strap. Took a punt at £19.

Probably crap, but so is the elite :p

Will wait to see what the refreshed version is like before spending real money.

Soldato
I've just ordered a cheap chinese copy of the elite strap. Took a punt at £19.
Probably crap, but so is the elite :p

The Elite strap is actually pretty good, and the battery strap better. There is a problem with some of the straps where they're cracking, or the ratchet teeth are breaking but that's probably due to a bad batch where there's a problem with the plastic used.

It's not unusual for new devices to have quality issues - even expensive iPhones have had issues.

Soldato
The Elite strap is actually pretty good, and the battery strap better. There is a problem with some of the straps where they're cracking, or the ratchet teeth are breaking but that's probably due to a bad batch where there's a problem with the plastic used.

It's not unusual for new devices to have quality issues - even expensive iPhones have had issues.

Yeah, I'll no doubt buy one at some point

Soldato
Sorted my fogging issues out..
No matter what everytime i used the Quest 2 I had the lens fogging up. I tried leaving it on for a few mins before playing, making sure room is nice and warm etc but they would still fog up.
Saw a few posts on reddit and tried this.....

Purchased a heated eye mask, put this near to the face cover, left it on for 5 mins before playing and no fogging at all.
£15 from the rain forrest, just the job :)

Soldato
No matter what everytime i used the Quest 2 I had the lens fogging up. I tried leaving it on for a few mins before playing, making sure room is nice and warm etc but they would still fog up.

Purchased a heated eye mask, put this near to the face cover, left it on for 5 mins before playing and no fogging at all.

Have seen people drill holes into the face gasket plastic to allow airflow and stop fogging.

Soldato
I've been using the extended wear contacts that you leave in for 30 days for nearly 20 years now, not had a problem using VR headsets :)

Consider me jealous, my prescription is crazy (+6/+6.25) so I have pretty thick contact lenses (max 10-12 hours a day), I tried last year to find some longer/better alternative lenses but all options presented either kept moving around too much (constant blurry vision) or made my eyes stream..

I might try somewhere else (I'm with Specsavers) to see if anyone else can offer better options!

Soldato

Why didn't you just spray your face with antiperspirant? :D

Soldato
Consider me jealous, my prescription is crazy (+6/+6.25) so I have pretty thick contact lenses (max 10-12 hours a day), I tried last year to find some longer/better alternative lenses but all options presented either kept moving around too much (constant blurry vision) or made my eyes stream..

I might try somewhere else (I'm with Specsavers) to see if anyone else can offer better options!

I'm lucky, mine are -2.5 / -2.75

The ones I use are Bausch & Lomb - Purevision, I think they max out at +6.0

Back
Top Bottom