*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Hi mines not charging with the link cable while playing, any ideas? will it just go flat. only using it tethered with my old oculus account.

Soldato
Hi mines not charging with the link cable while playing, any ideas? will it just go flat. only using it tethered with my old oculus account.

I think mine slowly loses power when tethered, but I've never played long enough to actually run out of power whilst tethered. I think it also doesn't start actively charging until it gets discharged a bit.

Soldato
I think mine slowly loses power when tethered, but I've never played long enough to actually run out of power whilst tethered. I think it also doesn't start actively charging until it gets discharged a bit.

Right ok thanks, should be ok then hopefully. As long as I don't have to pay for the £80 cable lol.

Soldato
Right ok thanks, should be ok then hopefully. As long as I don't have to pay for the £80 cable lol.

Oh, wait, you don't have the official link cable? Then it might not be charging as you play. Some of the USB cables are good enough to play on but don't charge while playing. When you bought the cable did you check to see if that was the case?

Soldato
Oh, wait, you don't have the official link cable? Then it might not be charging as you play. Some of the USB cables are good enough to play on but don't charge while playing. When you bought the cable did you check to see if that was the case?

No thought it would be obvious thing.....I bought the Oculus Link Cable 3m, dethinton Usb to Usb C Cable. Getting 2.2gb transfer.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't work out how to access filesystem via windows 10, i've tried the first handful of guides I've found but no joy. It just won't show as a drive.

Any tips?

Soldato
Just had my first bout of VR nausea. Had the Quest 2 since launch without any major issues. Fired up Boneworks for the first time and after 30 minutes I'm in real trouble :p

Guess I better be more careful in future. Tried all sorts of games without issue so I thought I was fine!

Soldato
The only time I've felt sick in VR is when playing games that use the thumbsticks to turn around smoothly. In those instances I find switching to snap turning helps.

The quest is good in this regard as no wires means that you can easily turn 360 degrees in real life without getting tangled by the cable. So you don't rely need to use the thumbsticks to turn.

Soldato
No thought it would be obvious thing.....I bought the Oculus Link Cable 3m, dethinton Usb to Usb C Cable. Getting 2.2gb transfer.

The Oculus link cable is a specific thing. It's the name of the fibre optic cable that Oculus sells. What you have is a just a USB cable that you are using as a link cable. These aren't guaranteed to charge the Quest 2 while playing. Is Dethinton, the brand name of the cable that you bought? From reading some of the reviews, it's a very slow charging cable, so it might not be able to charge while playing.

I guess you will have to test it out and see. ShiWarrior is correct, that the charging doesn't kick in until the Battery goes down a little. So you should play for a couple of hours and then check to see what the battery level is like.

Back
Top Bottom